Rust-oleum spray paint okay for mesh lid?

Easy Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used this spray paint on a diy mesh lid , is it okay to use ? Imma let it cure for a week before putting it over the tank .
image.jpg

kyleinpdx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the plastic netting type or the rigid, light diffuser? If its the plastic stuff I'd assume it has too much "give" and the paint would crack and flake off into the tank. Can I ask why did you want to paint it, wasnt it clear originally?

OP
OP
Easy Reefing

Easy Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the plastic netting type or the rigid, light diffuser? If its the plastic stuff I'd assume it has too much "give" and the paint would crack and flake off into the tank. Can I ask why did you want to paint it, wasnt it clear originally?
I want to paint the frame of the lid black . I’m not going to paint the netting .

johnc_ct

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont see a problem with that. It wont be coming into contact with the water, and nothing is likely to flake off and into the tank.

kyleinpdx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to paint the frame of the lid black . I’m not going to paint the netting .

Roger that. I misunderstood and thought you were asking about painting the mesh.

I have used that exact same flat black paint on parts of my light setup, has been fine, looks good.

carebears

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just like to know if anyone has painted the lid of they're aquarium, it's a white lid and I'd like it black, it's a plastic like material. And if so did you use primer prior to Painting?
Thanks in advance!

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 63 42.6%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 70 47.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back