Safe Interceptor Dose | Coral Boring Spionid Worms.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been meaning to update this thread but I've been sick as a dog with a respiratory virus, so I apologize.

After a few days I moved all of my fish over into the new system. I didn't really change anything to the new system water, ie skimmer was not running I only added so many new saltwater gallons but did nothing to the existing water. I'm only saying this because there was a vermectin most likely dripping off the rocks that went into the new system. None of the fish are affected and I've got some pretty old fish. My royal gramma is over 10 years old. Needless to say he's doing fine. After a few more days I moved all my snails over I didn't lose any that I could see. And I moved my Scarlet hermit's over and my shrimp and my two serpent Stars, all are doing fine. I even had Rock flower and enemies go through a complete Ivermectin dip unfazed. My bubble tip went through a quick dip no problem.

So my bottom line is, ivermectin is it good treatment for dipping. I would not consider it reef safe by any means or use in a reef tank, but if swapping to a new tank and you want to dip all your Coral, should be fine. But I would definitely plan to move all the coral in one day because of the die off. Then I would wait at least a couple days to move any other fish and inverts after your ammonia Spike has subsided.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 138 43.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 111 34.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back