0   0   0
MARINE TANK EQUIPMENT
TYPEMODELSHIP COSTVENDORTOTAL
TANKInnovative Marine 40G Long NUVO Fusion Pro 2 AIOLfs$1,090.00
STANDInnovative Marine Black APS Stand
LIGHT1x ReefLED90Already had
PUMPMightyJet 22W/24V 538 GPH DC Return Pump w/ ControllerAIO
HEATERInnovative Marine Helio 200 Watt PTC Smart Aquarium HeaterBrs $120.00
ATOTunze 3155 Osmolator OR Kamoer New ATO One 2 SE Smart auto top Offamazon$80.00
AWC5 gallon bucket$10.00
SKIMMERTunze Comline DOC Skimmer 9004BRS$234.00
FILTRATIONmedia basket for IM 40L fusionAIO
FILTRATIONIM filter roller or sock?
POWER HEADJABAO PP4 X2BRS$120.00
CONTROLNeptune A3 Apex with Temp and PH probes $599.95BRS
SANDLive sand (40#)$50.00
ROCKDry rock Had
LIDInnovative Marine lidLfsAIO
MIXINGBrute trash can with MJ 1200 pump and heater to mixBRS$90.00
TESTINGSaltwater Liquid Master Test Kit - API
GLUE4 oz. Red Coralline - AquaStik Epoxy PuttyBRS$12.46
GLUEInsta-set Super Glue Accelerator - Bob Smith IndustriesBRS$5.09
GLUE20g Tube BRS Extra Thick Gel Super Glue - Bulk Reef SupplyBRS$5.94
FILTRATION1000 mL Carbon - AquaforestBRS$20.89
CYCLEDrTim’s Aquatics Ammonium Chloride Solution for Fishless Cycling - 4 ozBRS$3.99
$1,842.37

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good, I like the dimensions of the IM 40L tank. I would do filter floss for the filtration. If you want to keep one of those 2, I will do the IM manual roller. Depending on corals I would skip the API test kit master or not, lol.

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Love the spreadsheet! But yeah, double it lol

I have their 50 gal AIO. I set a budget of about $3k and I've exceeded $5k! That includes my water filtration/mixing and QT setups, though. Plus I'm a hopeless gear and automation junkie :D

The IM manual filter roller is still pre-order. And expensive. Check out this guy on Etsy... I believe he's here on the forums. He's got a larger version (for the 40 and 50) in testing now, and it's MUCH less expensive...

I also got the InTank Aquatics fuge basket and filtration cover. The cover is a *MUST HAVE* if you wanna keep things looking neat and clean. I'm working on using one of the chambers for a small fuge.

I ended up using filter floss in the top compartment of the media basket that came with the tank instead of the white cotton balls. You could also replace the filter sock on the other side with the InTank filter floss holder, and have room beneath for more rubble or something.

If you go that direction, you may have to reach out to InTank to find out which of their products is the right size for your 40L since that one isn't listed specifically.

Best of luck, have fun, and post pics! :)

OP
OP
SaltySquid89

SaltySquid89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good, I like the dimensions of the IM 40L tank. I would do filter floss for the filtration. If you want to keep one of those 2, I will do the IM manual roller. Depending on corals I would skip the API test kit master or not, lol.
thanks to you I did some research and got the Red Sea marine kit. hopefully i can upgrade later on but this kit seems to have much better reviews with reefers.

My two outside areas are full with the larger skimmer opted for and the bio that came with the tank. any suggestions on what to use the two middle sections for?

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the IM 40L AIO club! @trophyhimbo @Blopple and others also starting our builds. Looks like a good start.

For second filtration, I debated the IM manual filter roller for a while but eventually decided against it because it is bulky, may not last the weekend without rolling (mine is an office tank) and is expensive even before factoring in the cost of rolls and frequency of replacement. I tried the sock but hates it. I went with the Intank floss holder, which fits perfectly. Could go with the Intank media basket, but I have my Helio heater probe and Inkbird heater probe tucked inside of the chamber with the heating elements in the second chamber.

Great tank! Fills up quick, though!

OP
OP
SaltySquid89

SaltySquid89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the spreadsheet! But yeah, double it lol

I have their 50 gal AIO. I set a budget of about $3k and I've exceeded $5k! That includes my water filtration/mixing and QT setups, though. Plus I'm a hopeless gear and automation junkie :D

The IM manual filter roller is still pre-order. And expensive. Check out this guy on Etsy... I believe he's here on the forums. He's got a larger version (for the 40 and 50) in testing now, and it's MUCH less expensive...

I also got the InTank Aquatics fuge basket and filtration cover. The cover is a *MUST HAVE* if you wanna keep things looking neat and clean. I'm working on using one of the chambers for a small fuge.

I ended up using filter floss in the top compartment of the media basket that came with the tank instead of the white cotton balls. You could also replace the filter sock on the other side with the InTank filter floss holder, and have room beneath for more rubble or something.

If you go that direction, you may have to reach out to InTank to find out which of their products is the right size for your 40L since that one isn't listed specifically.

Best of luck, have fun, and post pics! :)
i definitely want to create a small fuge in one of the inner sections, any info you have on that would be awesome! I will check out the intank cover, that sounds pretty dope. Also filter floss instead of the balls, going to steal that idea as well!
thanks for the info! do you have any pics of your setup/tank on here?

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
i definitely want to create a small fuge in one of the inner sections, any info you have on that would be awesome! I will check out the intank cover, that sounds pretty dope. Also filter floss instead of the balls, going to steal that idea as well!
thanks for the info! do you have any pics of your setup/tank on here?
Yep check out my build thread
<------- Here

OP
OP
SaltySquid89

SaltySquid89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A84F0D5C-FEB9-41FE-822B-F43E85F76D6D.jpeg

trophyhimbo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the IM 40L AIO club! @trophyhimbo @Blopple and others also starting our builds. Looks like a good start.

For second filtration, I debated the IM manual filter roller for a while but eventually decided against it because it is bulky, may not last the weekend without rolling (mine is an office tank) and is expensive even before factoring in the cost of rolls and frequency of replacement. I tried the sock but hates it. I went with the Intank floss holder, which fits perfectly. Could go with the Intank media basket, but I have my Helio heater probe and Inkbird heater probe tucked inside of the chamber with the heating elements in the second chamber.

Great tank! Fills up quick, though!

One of us! One of us!

I am looking forward to hearing how your skimmer operates with the system. The nutrients in my new tank are pretty low right now but perhaps I'll need one in the future

OP
OP
SaltySquid89

SaltySquid89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update!

I posted that picture about 10 days into my cycle (obviously took it before then), so cycle was complete about a week ago. Forced myself to wait one more then had LFS double check my parameters today:
Salinity: 1.025
KH: 125 (need to get this up)
pH: 7.9 (need to get up a little?)
PO4: 0.1
Calcium: 342
Magnesium: 1275
NH3: 0.1
NO2: 0.1
NO3: 16

so I got a regular medium clown ($19), medium phantom clown ($40)and a GSP ($15) frag. Set light perimeters, GSP is opening up some.
yesterday I set up an intank fuge basket and plant light ($80) in 4th (left to right from front) with a handful of chaeto. Will that light cause algae to grow in the 3rd (sump pump/middle chamber)? 5th chamber has a black wall between them, the wall between 3rd and 4th is clear. Im worried about algae growing in the middle chamber.. thoughts?
IMG_4506.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4510.jpeg
    IMG_4510.jpeg
    165.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4507.jpeg
    IMG_4507.jpeg
    103 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
SaltySquid89

SaltySquid89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of us! One of us!

I am looking forward to hearing how your skimmer operates with the system. The nutrients in my new tank are pretty low right now but perhaps I'll need one in the future
I expect to be on the higher end of the bio load for a 40g so I went ahead and went with the biggest / highest rated skimmer that would fit in the back chamber from the get go. Still have one medium chamber to figure out!

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I expect to be on the higher end of the bio load for a 40g so I went ahead and went with the biggest / highest rated skimmer that would fit in the back chamber from the get go. Still have one medium chamber to figure out!

I'm really interested to hear how this skimmer works for you! I'll also have a decent bio load (and growing) and I've had to feed more than I'd like so there's food leftover for the bottom dwelling fish. I have a few fish who are FRICKIN HOGS and demolish all the food before any can sink to the bottom. Anyway keep me updated on that!

Homey D. Clownfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which of the back chambers did you put it in? Do you like the Tunze skimmer? I ask because I have the IM 50 AIO. Been up since last August but haven’t needed a skimmer yet as I’m careful about the Bioload and do regular weekly water changes. As I add more coral, though, I may end up needing one. Heard the IceCap skimmer is good, too.

OP
OP
SaltySquid89

SaltySquid89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which of the back chambers did you put it in? Do you like the Tunze skimmer? I ask because I have the IM 50 AIO. Been up since last August but haven’t needed a skimmer yet as I’m careful about the Bioload and do regular weekly water changes. As I add more coral, though, I may end up needing one. Heard the IceCap skimmer is good, too.
So far I’m a fan! No issues at all and it is quiet as can be (which is nice since it’s in my living room). I only started just over a month ago so haven’t stressed it by any means. I will keep y’all updated though!
I put it in the far left large chamber, just barely fits in there but does. No experience with the icecap but as long as it fits I’m sure it’ll get the job done!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 171 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.1%
Back