Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys will nassarius do a decent enough job of turnover to prevent my sandbed from becoming a solid mess of algea? I have some in my 32 biocube and a sand sifting conch and my sand is beautiful. In my 16G I only have a smaller conch and he doesn’t do enough to keep the sand clean at all. It’s covered in dark algea (almost looks like cyano but it’s just brown algea that’s super thick) and he doesn’t eat near enough to do anything about it. Will nassarius be ok in a tank this small long as I throw them a pellet or two every few days?

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They would be fine. Hermits would be a good addition. Pitho crab, reef safe bristleworms, brittle sea star, & micro brittle starfish would work.

2 Blue Shoes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found my sand sifting star fish to be the most effective at stirring up the sand bed. I’m not sure if your size of tank would support one, but it’s something to look into. There needs to be enough worms in your sand to feed one, I’ve never seen them eat any food that the fish or other inverts left.

JamesZ.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diamond Goby
1679006162483.png
best sand cleaner around, in my opinion, as long as you have a cover on your tank. They do jump out once in a while.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 133 42.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 108 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back