Sawdonkey's 220 Progress Thread

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear man. I'm glad you're determined to get it back to its former glory. I wish you a smooth journey getting there!

OP
OP
sawdonkey

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is down, moved to my back room and running with no filtration. Just a heater, powerheads, rock, Coral, and my only thee remaining fish, the triggers and a clown. The tank is just sitting on 2x4s. I’m going to change some things on my stand and completely redo my sump. I’m also going to buy a new tank that’s drilled for a low profile overflow rather than the corner overflows I have now.

My condo should be completely renovated around March and hopefully my rebuild will be in place too.

b1f3f67dad547b04990bc93a8d8b1d4c.jpg

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking forward to it. I have corner overflows also and if there was one thing I could change about my tank it would be to get rid of the them and install ghost style over flow.

lakereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geez Gunner. Considering the Break in, fire and blown breaker maybe you should get a lottery ticket because no one can have that bad of luck.

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, things were back on track until my neighbor in my 3-unit condo building decided to have a fire. My condo is destroyed from water damage and is down to the studs. Im not even living there. Tank is still running but has been neglected since early sept. The mitigation company blew a breaker that the tank is on and it went without power for over 24 hours. I lost all fish except my two triggers.

This weekend, I have to tear down the tank and move it to my back bedroom. Then when the condo is renovated in a few months, move it back to its spot.

Condolences. It absolutely sucks to read through a great thread like this and have this at the end. But, hopefully, this isn't THE end and we'll get to see your rebuild progress. Best of luck.

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope your doing well and that the renovation is almost finished. I look forward to the new tank update!

OP
OP
sawdonkey

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope your doing well and that the renovation is almost finished. I look forward to the new tank update!

Thanks. Renovation is coming along slowly. I hope to be back in my condo by April. My tank is running on the floor of a bedroom right now with no filtration. Coral is pretty much all dead and only my two triggers are alive.
I went from this:
b0422afe09930d053279b0f71fba0809.jpg

To this:

f770e9ad216e086fd300bbb03e1957c9.jpg

To this:
f3a5948d0f3f5b52934bba6efaf9954b.jpg

I’ll be setting back up again, but probably with a 180. I love the 220 look, but the extra six inches of height made it a pain to work on.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can't wait to have you back fully!

Scottsquatch

Third times a charm?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awe man.... sorry to see this at the end of this thread! Glad the renovation is going well. I look forward to the new tank. I also have a 220, but I haven't set it up yet. You say its pretty hard to work in huh? Im almost 6'8"... do you think that will help or is it seriously a PITA? Good luck with the new 180.

OP
OP
sawdonkey

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awe man.... sorry to see this at the end of this thread! Glad the renovation is going well. I look forward to the new tank. I also have a 220, but I haven't set it up yet. You say its pretty hard to work in huh? Im almost 6'8"... do you think that will help or is it seriously a PITA? Good luck with the new 180.

I’m about 6’ and I literally couldn’t do anything but feed my fish without a ladder. Not a big deal, but even with being 6’8, I imagine you’ll be on a ladder often. Now I get your username!

Scottsquatch

Third times a charm?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you already get a 180? How is the renovation going? I hope you get back on the horse. Your doppelganger tank was one of my favorites.
Also size 16 wide shoes. The name really does suite me. Lol

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you're making progress! I'm sure you'll make another stunning tank in no time!

I'm 5'4" and have a 215 gallon. That's why I built a walk board for my tank. I need a ladder to brush my teeth so what's the difference for me to use one for the tank. Bonus is I can use grabbers like I was born with them as hands.

OP
OP
sawdonkey

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you're making progress! I'm sure you'll make another stunning tank in no time!

I'm 5'4" and have a 215 gallon. That's why I built a walk board for my tank. I need a ladder to brush my teeth so what's the difference for me to use one for the tank. Bonus is I can use grabbers like I was born with them as hands.

Yes, I owe 50% of my reefing success over the last few years to my Eheim grabber stick and my 5 ft ladder.

OP
OP
sawdonkey

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's life going to be like without a grumpy emperor?

Well, I won’t have any fish that bite my arm hair off. Still have my Niger that’s super aggressive to my hands. I’m honestly pretty worried about restocking with Fish given the temperament of my two triggers. They haven’t done too well with new roommates in the past.

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I won’t have any fish that bite my arm hair off. Still have my Niger that’s super aggressive to my hands. I’m honestly pretty worried about restocking with Fish given the temperament of my two triggers. They haven’t done too well with new roommates in the past.
Any way you can introduce them last?

OP
OP
sawdonkey

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any way you can introduce them last?

Moving back into my condo in about one month.....then the rebuild begins. I’m going to use the same stand but I want to get a 24 in high tank instead of 30.

Anyone have suggestions on where to get a 72X24X24 glass tank with no overflows (I’m going to drill for reef synergy)? Any suggested brands or suppliers?

MikeyB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moving back into my condo in about one month.....then the rebuild begins. I’m going to use the same stand but I want to get a 24 in high tank instead of 30.

Anyone have suggestions on where to get a 72X24X24 glass tank with no overflows (I’m going to drill for reef synergy)? Any suggested brands or suppliers?

I'm in the process of upgrading my tank as well. I ordered the 5ft 150 gallon from here.. http://www.scaquariums.com/category-s/101.htm and will be delivered here tuesday.

He doesnt stock a 72x24x24 but he may be able to make one for you, and have it drilled for synergy overflow as well. Dont know if you want rimless or not though, these are all eurobraced.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 11.4%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 46 27.7%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 78 47.0%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 12.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back