SBB 275 Auctions plus 160 Fresh corals - Going on now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

robanister

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Neptune mushroom?
1000007225.jpg
That'll do that'll do

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found that putting them all together into the tank minimized aggressive behavior. I used a $10 mirror from Walmart. If you plan on more tangs maybe try a holding tank for temporary holding of the current tangs until you get more. They only really beat up (and I lost) 1 powder blue. Occasionally I put up the mirror when I see any fighting that breaks out.

@Ado
Another option is if you can do a major aqua structure rearrangement that will help as well. They will all feel like they are in a new tank/landscape and they will all feel new. Then it’s just a matter of them fussing a few days to reestablish the pecking order with the new guy included. I’ve got four, all medium to high aggression tangs and they do well. Tomini was first in for about 3 month, then I added Powder Blue, Purple and Hippo all at the same time. Tomini thought he should be boss, but that didn’t last long. Powder Blue came out on top. Only one that is a a**hole and chases the little fish is the Hippo. Probably because it’s below the PB and Purple in the pecking order.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Maybe terms and conditions lol
i'd say pay half of shipping and the coral is free? i have 1-2 mommas i can't get access to but occasionally do see babies floating around.

just want to learn how to ship in the event i am able to give out or sell frags to people out of my general area.

robanister

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe terms and conditions lol
[/QUOT
i'd say pay half of shipping and the coral is free? i have 1-2 mommas i can't get access to but occasionally do see babies floating around.

just want to learn how to ship in the event i am able to give out or sell frags to people out of my general area.
I can ship you a few of these. Kind of want to see shipping on my end too.

20240303_092324.jpg
20240421_180614.jpg

Last edited:

6t4nova

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Pretty sure my king kong yuma is spawning a baby. The foot is all stretched out and I see color at the end of it.

Also picked up two godspawn bounces. One arrived looking great, the other lost all it's color and is now more of a neon green and starting to regain some of it's features.

Ado

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ado
Another option is if you can do a major aqua structure rearrangement that will help as well. They will all feel like they are in a new tank/landscape and they will all feel new. Then it’s just a matter of them fussing a few days to reestablish the pecking order with the new guy included. I’ve got four, all medium to high aggression tangs and they do well. Tomini was first in for about 3 month, then I added Powder Blue, Purple and Hippo all at the same time. Tomini thought he should be boss, but that didn’t last long. Powder Blue came out on top. Only one that is a a**hole and chases the little fish is the Hippo. Probably because it’s below the PB and Purple in the pecking order.

Awesome tips, thanks! Right now my big tank only has a juvi harlequin tusk, foxface, watchmen goby and a fairy wrasse. Going to add all 3 tangs together soon. They should be all about 2 inches.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back