SBB 275 Auctions plus 160 Fresh corals - Going on now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Zero_Cool

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
....Everybody's working for the weekend?
Sassy Loverboy GIF by Reba McEntire

Digitalfirex

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did you ..... do the little airline tub in the top of the T?
I drilled a small hole in a cap. I will add a picture later when I'm home that can make it a bit more clear. Now it's only loud at the sump side because of water splashing (but I wanted it that way)

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
This reminds me of that good ol anti piracy commercial back in the days of limewire.
A lot of these things are simple designs that can't be copyrighted, a name yes. A patent would be different but hard to enforce since there are so many pre existing similar designs.

A company that is well known for RFGs is not the original creator. The original creator still shares the original design, as well as updated versions, and also sells them. I can print as many as I want and as long as I don't try to pass it off as one of theirs, I'm fine.

I have original designs, and when someone wants something specific they found, I'm selling printer time. There are several places they you send them a file and they send you a quote to print the item.

This is my understanding of how things work in the 3D printing world.

Digitalfirex

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A lot of these things are simple designs that can't be copyrighted, a name yes. A patent would be different but hard to enforce since there are so many pre existing similar designs.

A company that is well known for RFGs is not the original creator. The original creator still shares the original design, as well as updated versions, and also sells them. I can print as many as I want and as long as I don't try to pass it off as one of theirs, I'm fine.

I have original designs, and when someone wants something specific they found, I'm selling printer time. There are several places they you send them a file and they send you a quote to print the item.

This is my understanding of how things work in the 3D printing world.
My comment was more for the lines of the meme the commercial sparked.

"You wouldn't download a car..."
"Fk You. I would if I could..."

Screenshot_20240426_160907_Chrome.jpg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 164 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back