SCA Dinos

Chrisz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m currently dosing silicates for dino’s, (SCA) my phosphate and nitrate is quite high. Should I do something to bring down my numbers? If so what do you recommend?

I have a mixed reef

IMG_6116.jpeg IMG_6163.jpeg

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d find out where the Phosphate and Nitrates are coming from. I check our water regularly, from our Deep Well. The Phosphate Nitrites, and Nitrates can have a negative impact on our health too. BTW, I was feeding San Francisco Bay Frozen Food, every three days. Recently I had to up it, to once daily feeds, with no boost in the above.

OP
OP
Chrisz

Chrisz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d find out where the Phosphate and Nitrates are coming from. I check our water regularly, from our Deep Well. The Phosphate Nitrites, and Nitrates can have a negative impact on our health too. BTW, I was feeding San Francisco Bay Frozen Food, every three days. Recently I had to up it, to once daily feeds, with no boost in the above.
I too feed frozen food, 6 fish 100 gallons of water one frozen cube and 1/2 sheet of nori a day.

I do have detritus build up in my sump that I will Take care of this weekend. Been avoiding it because I trying to grow pods in there

Well water is in good shape .03 on TDS, a little high on silicates but clean after R/o

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back