• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

SCAMMED DO NOT TRUST BIRDMAN

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

thefeds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking for some Kessil lights and he had this post (https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/k...r-bracket-icecap-gyres.1011244/#post-11830091)
Doubt I will get lights, and I just wanted this forum to be aware of this user. thanks for listening.

1698073528311.png
)

1698073393618.png

scottberto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I reported him last week and this was the response I got. So I believe that's why his posts are no longer available.

m.kristoff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
ug, thank you. And no i didnt use paypal and i effin should have. I am dumb
He was pushing me to buy them few days ago. What tripped me was that his profile said he was from Ohio. His PM to me said he was from Kentucky. He PM'd me for a few days trying to get me to buy them. thanks for exposing him

Last edited:

TatorTaco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He wanted me to pay via PayPal Friends and Family. When I asked if I could add $5 more to the cost so we could both be protected via PayPal Goods and Services, he balked. I decided not to buy from him.

I’m sorry dude. I wanted to cave so bad and send him the money. I get it.

IMG_0492.png

Last edited:

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
He wanted me to pay via PayPal Friends and Family. When I asked if I could add $5 more to the cost so we could both be protected via PayPal Goods and Services, he balked. I decided not to buy from him.

I’m sorry dude. I wanted to cave so bad and send him the money. I get it.

IMG_0492.png
The scammer portrait himself as a victim while he was being the fraudulent one … wow

OP
OP
thefeds

thefeds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, appreciate the support. TatorTaco is exactly right. Same story to me. He wanted to use cashapp. I knew it was to good to be true and I fell for it. Really bummed with myself. The post I linked had a reply from someone that had purchased the pump from the light and pump combo add, and he replied saying "wow I didn't think it would arrive so quickly..." So I thought, well someone purchased the pump, perhaps this is legit...lesson learned.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I’m not seeing a scam unless I’m missing something. Red flags…sure. Unauthorized payment methods…sure. But it’s been maybe a week? I’m not saying you’re not getting scammed, I'm just not seeing a scam yet. Am I missing something else?

boogie79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I guess I’m not seeing a scam unless I’m missing something. Red flags…sure. Unauthorized payment methods…sure. But it’s been maybe a week? I’m not saying you’re not getting scammed, I'm just not seeing a scam yet. Am I missing something else?
the scam is @thefeds paid for an item and the seller hasn't sent it or any shipping information. Now because he paid using Family and Friends he can only ask the seller for his money back and hope that he refunds him.

Last edited:

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 74 52.1%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back