Second Tank All DIY

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice. Did you redo you panel joints or just the seams? What silicone did you use? I had a seam fail which caused about 2g/day drip in a 14yo 130g bowfront a few weeks ago. I redid the seams with Momentive RTV 108. I caked it on there and she's held water for over a week. It looks terrible but I'll let the corners get covered in coraline. I'll never take a blade near them again. A few days before the drip, I did an extra deep clean on the glass. It doesn't look as bad with water in it and I have a 2" sand bed. That stuff is super sticky. I absolutely hate working with silicone. Im pretty decent with acrylic.
20231105_184432.jpg
20231126_121550.jpg

OP
OP
Cichlid Dad

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. Did you redo you panel joints or just the seams? What silicone did you use? I had a seam fail which caused about 2g/day drip in a 14yo 130g bowfront a few weeks ago. I redid the seams with Momentive RTV 108. I caked it on there and she's held water for over a week. It looks terrible but I'll let the corners get covered in coraline. I'll never take a blade near them again. A few days before the drip, I did an extra deep clean on the glass. It doesn't look as bad with water in it and I have a 2" sand bed. That stuff is super sticky. I absolutely hate working with silicone. Im pretty decent with acrylic.
20231105_184432.jpg
20231126_121550.jpg
Just the seams. Everything else looked good. I have a 90 gallon back up tank just in case

OP
OP
Cichlid Dad

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is late but really nice @Cichlid Dad! I’m confused though, I don’t see any aptasia. What kind of farmer are you?
Thank you that means a lot to me. I had to tear down 2 tanks because of aptasia. Took a long time to figure it out. Peppermint shrimp LOL!

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you that means a lot to me. I had to tear down 2 tanks because of aptasia. Took a long time to figure it out. Peppermint shrimp LOL!
Get a filefish bro. You have room. I love mine. I was hesitant for years because they are so ugly. Mine has the best personality out of the hundreds of fish I've ran through and they get along with all of their tank mates. They are constantly hunting. I tried everything to get rid of them. The more I did the more I'd get. I do see some pick at corals. Mine doesn't but I feed heavily. My file fish wiped the aptasia clean in 2 weeks and I was over run. You see all my rockwork. I bet I had over 100 in there. The worse thing you can do is electrocute or laser them. Their spores just spread and create 10 for every one you think you kill.

OP
OP
Cichlid Dad

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a filefish bro. You have room. I love mine. I was hesitant for years because they are so ugly. Mine has the best personality out of the hundreds of fish I've ran through and they get along with all of their tank mates. They are constantly hunting. I tried everything to get rid of them. The more I did the more I'd get. I do see some pick at corals. Mine doesn't but I feed heavily. My file fish wiped the aptasia clean in 2 weeks and I was over run. You see all my rockwork. I bet I had over 100 in there. The worse thing you can do is electrocute or laser them. Their spores just spread and create 10 for every one you think you kill.
I might just do that, I kinda like their shape. Problem is I have a lot of flow in the tank for the acro.

Back