• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Selling Livestock (rare) Golden Trevally & Flying Gurnard

Doctor Faust

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple fish that I would like to rehome, as getting my bigger tank got delayed for financial reasons, and they have outgrown my tanks. The Golden Trevally, aka Golden Jack, aka Pilotfish, is captive-bred and 100% captive raised by me since it was less than an inch long. Now it's about 4.5" long, eating like a champ anything meaty. $150 for the pilotfish.

The flying gurnard has been captive-raised by me since it was approximately 1.5 inches long/wide. Now it's about 7-8 inches long. I have had over 10 flying gurnards before, none of them lived beyond 2-4 weeks, as they require darker, emptier setups with lots of water volume. This one was odd since I got him, as it immediately started eating and swimming both in the light and after dark. I've had him for around 6 months, maybe a little more. $250 for flying gurnard.

Both are eating very well. I feed mostly frozen, such as mysis and brine shrimp. Lately I've been feeding them krill, as it is more filling and it allows for my other fish to have some mysis. I do occasionally feed them guppies and even more rarely a goldfish or two as a treat.

Both are reef safe. They don't bother any corals, any worms, crabs ,clams or shrimps. Even shrimps added after the fish were in the tank haven't been eaten. Anything around the size of sexy shrimp or glass/grass shrimp would likely be eaten on sight.

Local pick up only from San Gabriel valley in Los Angeles, California.

IMG_2699.jpg IMG_2700.jpg IMG_2376.jpg IMG_2492.jpg IMG_2493.jpg IMG_2494.jpg IMG_2696.jpg IMG_2697.jpg IMG_2698.jpg IMG_2292.jpg IMG_2375.jpg

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 87 44.4%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 68 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 27 13.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back