SEPT 2008 Tank Of The Month (mpoletti)

SaltWaterDave

NEPA Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful! Are you still using the same lighting setup that you had listed in the TOTM specs?

Last edited:

mpoletti

Just a drunkard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for the kind words both here and through PM's. The tank is what it is these days. I got burned out regarding the online part of the hobby so its just been easier for me to hang out on fb and Liverpool FC sites :D

Craig, I completely redid my tank about a year ago as I wanted a new start.
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o184/mrpoletti/posted/tank build/Firstshot-1.jpg

Hiker, Yep, the system specs are still the same except that I don't do as many water changes.

Thanks again,
Mark

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for the kind words both here and through PM's. The tank is what it is these days. I got burned out regarding the online part of the hobby so its just been easier for me to hang out on fb and Liverpool FC sites :D

Hey Mark,

First off Congrats to a beautiful tank system BUT what really strikes me is when you stated Liverpool FC ...

Just so you know I'm a Man U fan ... :tongue:

Paul

mpoletti

Just a drunkard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Mark,

First off Congrats to a beautiful tank system BUT what really strikes me is when you stated Liverpool FC ...

Just so you know I'm a Man U fan ... :tongue:

Paul

Thanks Paul. I've supported the Redmen for 25 years. I fell in love with them when I was playing in England when I was 15. I can't blame you for supporting ManUre :angel:

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Paul. I've supported the Redmen for 25 years. I fell in love with them when I was playing in England when I was 15. I can't blame you for supporting ManUre :angel:

Used to play competitive soccer (we called it football back home) way back, back when and not sure how or when but ever since I've been a Red Devil's fan for the last 27 odd years... :hell_boy: (sorry Rev ... :cry_002:)

Paul

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mark you can tell you got your passion back just looking at the updated pics. Thanks again and so good to hear from you!

mpoletti

Just a drunkard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mark you can tell you got your passion back just looking at the updated pics. Thanks again and so good to hear from you!

Sorry David, The passion is long gone. I don't test my tank anymore and I only scrape the glass once a month. I just can't justify spending money in this hobby anymore.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
WOW really? Seriously one of the nicest tank probably in the hobby and no passion? :( Looks great though Mark. Hang around here a little more and at least chat with us.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HAHA! That wouldn't work!

A uninspired, passionless Mark Poletti is still twice as much a reefer that I am. His stuff would die post haste in my tank. ;)

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HAHA! That wouldn't work!

A uninspired, passionless Mark Poletti is still twice as much a reefer that I am. His stuff would die post haste in my tank. ;)

What? David ... you're just too humble!! C'mon man!! You can do it!!

If Mark was to offer this proposition ... now would you take it? Would you feel lucky ... do ya? :angel:

Paul

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Lee. How's live in Sin City?

Sucks.... No work, the summer heat is just barely leaving this week, hopefully things take a turn for the better here in Vegas.... Fishings good thou so I spend more time with the family now out and about with tight lines then I do at home any more..lol

mpoletti

Just a drunkard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow.. how did I miss this update!.. things look big Pimp'n in there has always Mark!.. Big ups!.

I figured you'd seen the pictures on Twitter or fb :) Let me know when you're planning a trip up this way.

mpoletti

Just a drunkard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sucks.... No work, the summer heat is just barely leaving this week, hopefully things take a turn for the better here in Vegas.... Fishings good thou so I spend more time with the family now out and about with tight lines then I do at home any more..lol

Hang in there Lee. The economy sucks and I know that Vegas has been hit hard; as well as Sacramento. Fishing is always a good option though :D

mpoletti

Just a drunkard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FTS Christmas night.jpg

Merry Christmas R2R :)

Last edited:

mpoletti

Just a drunkard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me why I can not link to photobucket? I tried to upload a FTS from tonight, but it is not allowing me. This is not the 1st time I've not been able to share on R2R. Thanks

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 49 25.1%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 44 22.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back