OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!! What is their temperament like? My 6 line was pure evil, which I've read countless horror stories about. Looking for a new wrasse now. This one of yours looks incredible.
I’d replace Evil with Jerk! Used to be the bullly of the tank, is now not top dog and the Tang fills that role. Is always getting into fights with something! But would not change him for the world! You will notice half his tail missing from his last bout!!

DothanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very impressive build!! I love the clear and crisp photos, and the livestock speaks for itself. Looks amazing! I hope to be half as successful as this when my tank arrives - hopefully it'll be a twin of this :)

Signed the freight release Friday for my WB 100.3! I wanted to ask you, becuase this will be my first saltwater tank ever, is there anything you'd have done differently to date?? I looked over your equipment and a lot of what you are running, i've chosen as well. Looks like the biggest difference might be rock - i went with Caribsea Liferock, TBS was way backordered...

Any pointers for newbie?

OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very impressive build!! I love the clear and crisp photos, and the livestock speaks for itself. Looks amazing! I hope to be half as successful as this when my tank arrives - hopefully it'll be a twin of this :)

Signed the freight release Friday for my WB 100.3! I wanted to ask you, becuase this will be my first saltwater tank ever, is there anything you'd have done differently to date?? I looked over your equipment and a lot of what you are running, i've chosen as well. Looks like the biggest difference might be rock - i went with Caribsea Liferock, TBS was way backordered...

Any pointers for newbie?

This will answer all your questions:)

DS204

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video. Very informative.

Question, though - which ATO would you have gone with? I ask because I hummed and hawed about the Tunze 3155 myself but eventually went with the Spectrapure ATO because of it's peristaltic pump and ability to draw water from long distances. Having said that, it still 'primes' or runs for 15 seconds when you reconnect it to power so it still dumps some RO water in to the sump like you said that you hated. Curious which other option you'd consider going with?

PS - Where is your accent from? UK? Australia? Some UK background over here.. Aye up mate.

DothanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will answer all your questions:)

Great video! Thank you for sharing!

i too will not have room for all the cords, cables, transmitter boxes, etc...i'm thinking of building a small cabinet or finding something on wayfair or somewhere to store everything next to the tank - out of site. Like maybe an old chest, like the ones in pirate movies.. who knows :)

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 63 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 51 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 40 20.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 39 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back