OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, this time the gramma actually showed up! However, this scar on his face indicates that it may have been attacked, which would explain why it went into hiding. Gonna have to get him into quarantine and treat antibiotics, then figure out who the aggressor is.
IMG_9769.jpeg

08TRDOFFROAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, this time the gramma actually showed up! However, this scar on his face indicates that it may have been attacked, which would explain why it went into hiding. Gonna have to get him into quarantine and treat antibiotics, then figure out who the aggressor is.
IMG_9769.jpeg
Dang, that looks pretty nasty...any suspects off the top of your head?

OP
OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, that looks pretty nasty...any suspects off the top of your head?
Yeah, I think it’s the orange spotted blenny. He chases down any fish that go near his territory, and the royal gramma tends to stay a little too close to his cave. Ever since the incident the gramma has been very shy around other fish though.

OP
OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added the clownfish today!
Thankfully, I haven’t seen much aggression issues since the royal gramma incident! I’m hoping that with the fish more settled in, there will be less issues regarding territories. We’ll see how things go with the clown, though I doubt there will be much an issue, assuming it picks the anemone as its territory.
IMG_9892.jpeg
IMG_9893.jpeg

08TRDOFFROAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added the clownfish today!
Thankfully, I haven’t seen much aggression issues since the royal gramma incident! I’m hoping that with the fish more settled in, there will be less issues regarding territories. We’ll see how things go with the clown, though I doubt there will be much an issue, assuming it picks the anemone as its territory.
IMG_9892.jpeg
IMG_9893.jpeg
Those Duncan's are freaking awesome! I have never kept them before. But I plan to have them be one of the first corals I add to my new build!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly the torch coral died. Not sure if I could have done anything differently, or if it was just in too rough a state to begin with. The store was kind enough to offer credit for the loss, which I can always use to try again when the time is right.

08TRDOFFROAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly the torch coral died. Not sure if I could have done anything differently, or if it was just in too rough a state to begin with. The store was kind enough to offer credit for the loss, which I can always use to try again when the time is right.
That's pretty cool they gave you credit. My LFS offers no garauntees on coral and inverts and only a 24 hr 50% garauntee on fish.

OP
OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A quick update—I wound up moving the “dead” torch into the Fluval, and did repeated iodine dips—at that point it was already covered in brown slime, similar to how my green torch colony looked upon death. This time, I decided to just keep dipping and testing my luck. To my surprise, two of the heads actually rebounded, and are now fully extended (though still bleached)!
This made me wonder if the Fluval’s conditions are slightly better, and decided to move the hammer and psammocora, which were both fairing decently, into the Fluval as well. They have doubled in polyp extension since. Decided to test both tanks and found out that the fluval’s alk reading nearly doubles the 40B (yikes!). While my dosing schedule for both is nearly the same, my water change schedule for the Fluval is significantly less frequent than it is with the 40. So I think moving forward I will be doing less water changes, and seeing if alk remains more stable that way.
IMG_0447.jpeg
IMG_0448.jpeg

Also, here are some other photos!
IMG_0430.jpeg
IMG_0431.jpeg
IMG_0433.jpeg
IMG_0124.jpeg

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back