Show me your cool tank stand!

James Franklin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steel stand for my 180 gallon reef tank custom steel webbing with acrylic panels leads change 16 colors by remote.

custom steel and transparent frosted acrylic.Leds change 16 different colors and speeds.Built by me for my 180 gallon reef tank about a year ago.

20130817_215250.jpg

20130806_111114.jpg

20140511_153223.jpg

Reef Geek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my 120. It has a stainless steel frame inside the stand with a 2 inch tray for any leaks that may occur. On the canopy the front opens up as well as the sides pop off.
image.jpg

image.jpg

GHill762

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The structural support of this stand is made of 3/4" plywood and sealed with enamel paint on the inside and covered with travertine marble skin. Tank is 40"x22"x22"
822.jpg

this is freaking gorgeous.. well done sir :first:

This is my own personal stand built by myself, octo is hand cut, stained glass behind using tank lights, bottom lit by fuge light.
I built a 2x frame and the cabinet is freestanding, I canslide the whole thing out to get to gear if needed, w/out any obstruction.
Wood is African mahogany.

this is also really really awesome!! nice work!!

there are just too many nice stands in this thread.. that modern looking aluminum channel stand is really slick looking.. as is that spiderman stand.. y'all got skills!!

Last edited:

LA_Mixed_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice stand! I have a metal stand too. What material do you have between your stand and tank? Also, what material are you using between the tank and the ceramic floor? Is that a cermaic floor?

Thanks!

Ron

Between the stand and the tank is insulation foam and 3/4 birch which will level out any differences in the tank. This removes any stress points on the tank itself.

And between the metal and the ceramic floor ( you are correct) is a 1/8" treadmill mat. I chose this because it is pours and has mold inhibitors.

Hope this helps.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back