Show-off thread for Radion users!

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
How many radio a would you recommend on a 5x2x2?
Depends on what you plan on keeping and your budget.
If you were planning on heavy sps, then 3 would probably work.
If it were more of a mixed reef, softies, lps, and some sps, then 2 gen 3 Pro's with wide angle lens would be more budget friendly.

ReeferSteloo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Radion Gen 3..

DSC_1624.JPG

Tshazad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thnx for the reply mate. I had a spare gen1 laying around so I went and got a RMS and stuck it on. It's going to be a heavy Sps with few Zoas. Iv lowered the intensity to 50% and already the few frags I have are looking amazing.and the algae has vanished.
Depends on what you plan on keeping and your budget.
If you were planning on heavy sps, then 3 would probably work.
If it were more of a mixed reef, softies, lps, and some sps, then 2 gen 3 Pro's with wide angle lens would be more budget friendly.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks good!

gidenski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still haven't figured out how to take good pictures lol....

Pretty much use anything but an iPhone... they deal with blue & actinic terribly. If you have the ability in your camera app or on your phone, adjust the white balance. If that fails... you can use the mode button on the radion to switch to a more friendly kelvin light level for taking a photo, but warning, be nice to your fish and don't do it at the extreme ends of your light schedule (ie, go low light to max light).

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much use anything but an iPhone... they deal with blue & actinic terribly. If you have the ability in your camera app or on your phone, adjust the white balance. If that fails... you can use the mode button on the radion to switch to a more friendly kelvin light level for taking a photo, but warning, be nice to your fish and don't do it at the extreme ends of your light schedule (ie, go low light to max light).
Thanks for the info.....this picture actually was taken with an iPhone but with the VSCO app, with WB adjusted. I also have a Canon Powershot SX20IS but I am no good with that either lol. I can fix the oversaturation of blues but for whatever reason my pictures always appear to be a very low resolution? I have seen some iPhone pics that were pretty clear so I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 153 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back