Sick Elegance Coral ECS?

Salt_R_Us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I purchased this elegance coral about 3 weeks ago. It was doing great until a couple days ago (4) I noticed that it was closed and secreting this mucus. I'm afraid it's ECS. Anyone have any experience with this or can guide me on what may be happening? I've attached a short clip of it.

All the other corals seem to be fine in the tank. I've moved it to a shaded area of the tank.

Paramaters as of Oct. 11

Ammonia: 0
Nitrate: 4.58
Phosphate: .03
Calcium: 397
dKH: 9.1
Mg: 1080
Salinity: 1.025
PH: 8
Temp: 77.8

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Moderate light and water flow
Inspect for any critters on its skeleton and it needs feedings of small shrimp or similar 2x per week
Placement is very important where there is moderate to good light and moderate flow. Additionally, nitrate is a little high for their liking and salinity not to exceed 1.025. I am listing recommended parameters below. The Elegance coral obtains a great deal of its required nutrition from photosynthesis, which is facilitated by a symbiotic relationship with a marine algae zooxanthellae living within its tissue.
Additionally, the coral is capable of filter-feeding. It will capture planktonic organisms, small prey, and food particles from the water column with its tentacles. It will also benefit a lot from direct or supplemental feeding of small meaty foods. This coral will gladly accept:

• mysis shrimp
  • Plankton
  • krill
  • brine shrimp
  • vitamin-enriched brine shrimp (using selcon vitamins)

• Salinity: 1.025 – 1.026
  • PHOS: 0 – 0.05 ppm
  • Ammonia: 0 ppm
  • Nitrate: 5 – 10 ppm
  • Calcium: 420 – 450ppm
  • Magnesium: 1250 – 1340ppm
  • Strontium: 8 – 10 ppm
  • Alk 8-10
  • Temperature 77-79

OP
OP
S

Salt_R_Us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moderate light and water flow
Inspect for any critters on its skeleton and it needs feedings of small shrimp or similar 2x per week
Placement is very important where there is moderate to good light and moderate flow. Additionally, nitrate is a little high for their liking and salinity not to exceed 1.025. I am listing recommended parameters below. The Elegance coral obtains a great deal of its required nutrition from photosynthesis, which is facilitated by a symbiotic relationship with a marine algae zooxanthellae living within its tissue.
Additionally, the coral is capable of filter-feeding. It will capture planktonic organisms, small prey, and food particles from the water column with its tentacles. It will also benefit a lot from direct or supplemental feeding of small meaty foods. This coral will gladly accept:

• mysis shrimp
  • Plankton
  • krill
  • brine shrimp
  • vitamin-enriched brine shrimp (using selcon vitamins)

• Salinity: 1.025 – 1.026
  • PHOS: 0 – 0.05 ppm
  • Ammonia: 0 ppm
  • Nitrate: 5 – 10 ppm
  • Calcium: 420 – 450ppm
  • Magnesium: 1250 – 1340ppm
  • Strontium: 8 – 10 ppm
  • Alk 8-10
  • Temperature 77-79

Thanks for the response! Gave it some shrimp and it gladly accepted it. Remaining hopeful.

Back