Sick of GHA going to start dosing perxoide

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updates for this challenge are gold, just flecked out separated and weighed gold. :) how's it

Ideally: some export increase and removal of that algae waste and increased feeding work gets the sps polyps back out strong and no dosing peroxide for a while it's concentrate all on coral mass, then a couple catch ups slowly and easily done as underwater spot injections then completely algae free soon. Follow ups can be handled by ideal grazer balances and no chems needed no major alterations to tank po4 and no3 params

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bugger

Bugger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have algae growing back on all rocks the peroxide was only temporary fix looks like I will have to spray again

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's in line with predictions, this was as set in as could be I suppose no coral loss right? The goal was to start the upper hand in your favor.

consider comparisons of only adding gfo once and then never again (grow back) or dosing lanthanum only once, or vodka only once etc.

The 3% is only an option among options, spot treatments with higher percentages affect grow back in your favor

glad to hear of feedback the job isnt easy for any technique and remember its ok to pair it with other methods as prevention, you had massive mass to cut through and I bet we did that

can you post new full tank shot I've linked this to peroxide threads we enjoy the challenge.

Your algae has a holdfast system that is amazing

another factor to consider is we're keeping the same fish bioloading and organic reserves in place as feed as well, many fronts of work were predicted to be part of the correction.

At any point you should be able to reach into the tank, grab a rock and swirl it around, and the water stays clean. If the rock emits bits of plants and detritus mid breakdown that is a critical detail regarding ecosystem reset time.

the algae was literally catching and holding detritus right up next to the rock during breakdown, getting that po4 component associated with each tuft as a self fueling unit

it will take a while for those nutrient reserves to be exhausted as well if it's left in tank to slowly breakdown, large export work sustained for a while is equal in value to any topical affect we might try

To me, the outcome is determined not by how long algae stays abated all factors unadjusted, but how much change work we do to the tank during the suppression phases we earned by direct kill.

forward motion has been attained. any of the common preventatives employed now have much less work to do such as dedicated grazers in the tank or a really thorough catch up cleaning

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back