Simplicity Dosing Container - Using 1/4" RODI Line? Help!

KENNYSREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I have the Simplicity 6L Triple Dosing Container, has anyone used this with 1/4" RODI line or push-to-connnect fittings?

I have Versa Dosing Pumps, so I would like to leverage those without having to change out the current fittings on the versas and make it work with the Simplicity Containers.

Hoping someone @Bulk Reef Supply maybe can assist or @Simplicity Aquatics can assist.

1679327876596.png

OP
OP
KENNYSREEF

KENNYSREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Looks like 1/4" John Guest Coupling fits on top of the "nipple". Simplicity Customer service notes the sizing is in metric, but very close to 1/4".

BRS websites says 1/4" nipple.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried calling Simplicity? They actually answer the phone and are glad to help.

bureau13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bit of an old thread, but what did you end up using? I have found that 1/4" quick connect for RO line is too big for the plastic tube in my Simplicity 2L tank, and a 3/16" adapter is too small. I don't think there's anything in between. Not sure if drilling out a 3/16" is viable. What I think should work is a short bit of silcone tubing pushed over the plastic Simplicity tube, and then into a 1/4" quick connect, to which you can attach the RO line. That's what I'll try unless I can't find any around the house, in which case drilling out the 3/16" is something I will likely try.

wintrmte

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bit of an old thread, but what did you end up using? I have found that 1/4" quick connect for RO line is too big for the plastic tube in my Simplicity 2L tank, and a 3/16" adapter is too small. I don't think there's anything in between. Not sure if drilling out a 3/16" is viable. What I think should work is a short bit of silcone tubing pushed over the plastic Simplicity tube, and then into a 1/4" quick connect, to which you can attach the RO line. That's what I'll try unless I can't find any around the house, in which case drilling out the 3/16" is something I will likely try.

Again drudging up an old thread but just ran into this exact issue with the supposed 1/4" nipple and a john guest ro/di connector.. Did you end up getting the RO/DI line over the nipple?

saltcreep74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I have the Simplicity 6L Triple Dosing Container, has anyone used this with 1/4" RODI line or push-to-connnect fittings?

I have Versa Dosing Pumps, so I would like to leverage those without having to change out the current fittings on the versas and make it work with the Simplicity Containers.

Hoping someone @Bulk Reef Supply maybe can assist or @Simplicity Aquatics can assist.

1679327876596.png
Here you go...

https://www.morebeer.com/products/duotight-pushin-fitting-8-mm-516-stem-635-14-barb.html

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 142 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back