sixline question please help

Kevin34

zoa and aussie acan crazy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does it mean when a sixline's eyes turn red? I caught mine chasing my jawfish around tonight. I didnt see the wrasse bite at the jawfish but the wrasses fins were flared and its eyes were a bright red. what does this mean? is my jawfish in danger?

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what it means when their eyes turn red but sixline's are known to be tank bullies, just keep an eye on your jawfish that your sixline doesn't harass him to death

ReefRunner

Reef hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what it means when their eyes turn red but sixline's are known to be tank bullies, just keep an eye on your jawfish that your sixline doesn't harass him to death

I agree. My sixline has a real attitude and he is the smallest fish among 30 or so in a 280. What you saw was probably his "I'm a bad a**" routine:)

Robin

OP
OP
Kevin34

Kevin34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont want this fish killing my jawfish though. my jaw seems really stressed out and didnt eat tonight. and i am getting a bellus angel and would hate for the sixline to beat that up. I think i am going to try to catch it.

talon4x4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The eyes on my sixline are also always red as well and so far he's not a bully.

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 6 line is insane in a bad way. Very aggressive to some, and often incessantly attacks its own reflection in the glass. Hilarious to watch.

OP
OP
Kevin34

Kevin34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am talking about the white stripes in his eyes turning an intense red color. This is the first time I have seen him do this and I have had him nearly a year.

TyreeUM

the other Tyree...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would catch him out of there and throw him in your sump till the jawfish gets established then you should be ok putting him back in-thats one fish that you should ALWAYS add last

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea i had one in the past and it bullied all my fish to death and now i have one in my frag tank with a sleeper goby and they get along... but then its just 2 fish in a 50gal... i guess just depends on the fish itself

OP
OP
Kevin34

Kevin34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have 4 fish in my 125. i dont know why he snapped all of a sudden. last night i did see his darting around the tank which was kinda unusual. then the whole thing with the red eyes and chasing the jawfish happened. one guy told me that the white stripes in the eyes turning red is either excitement or anger. could it be that the sixline is just curious? and the jawfish just stressed from being chased? I didnt see any bites on the jawfish but his color seemed off on his tail and he wouldnt eat. Its a tiger jawfish and the gold stripes towards the end of his body were very pale. the rest are fine.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 28 15.3%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 42 23.0%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 105 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back