Smat farms led from Amazon

mzurla

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new mount is round tubing, and on initial inspection is super sturdy feeling, but the more you tighten the more it leans in toward the water. At least with a rimmed tank, maybe its different when you have a rimless tank? But the weight of arm + light makes it fall completely forward.
20220518_140603.jpg
20220518_140535.jpg

So i referenced the "directions", and it shows installation screws on the inside, but that would leave the excess tubing going into the water...
20220518_140957.jpg
20220518_140700.jpg

But with the screws against the glass, it feels sturdy. So I had the husband redrill and tap two holes on the opposite side where it was blank.
20220518_140931.jpg
20220518_142043.jpg
20220518_142051.jpg

So now its mounted up and looks good, feels sturdy. Took hubs less than 5 minutes.
20220518_150330.jpg
20220518_191924.jpg
Do you know what size hole/threads you used?

iArady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to menu - timer - then setup sunrise start & end time .
do this for sunset too

Michelle G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent my light back I have a different now but the menu is similar. Go to menu first set Tank Type then Type setting then you will get Sunrise, Sunset, Moon time, Sunlight. if you click in any of these menus you will open the timer setting.

Belmore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone running this light over a 20g long? If so, what are your settings?

Ceece911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered 2 and they sent me a V2 and a V3. I see on the V3 that you can now control the moonlight time. The good thing is with the V3 being the master, it allows the V2 to have a timed moonlight phase vs the all night that it used to have. One had the old mount, the other new. Contacted them and they sent me a newer mount to match. When both have high whites, I notice a more slightly yellow tint on one, not both, of the V3 lights. Still think I might send the V2 back to get 2 V3 just in case Im missing something with the upgrade.

Anyone else notice any other differences in the two versions?

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have the V2 so I can’t help but can bump it for you

Ceece911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After looking at the different LED channels, I noticed there was a slight difference on 2 of the channels. I didn't really care which one I had, I just wanted them to be uniformed, so I sent the V2 back in hopes it would be replaced with a V3. Now I have 2 V3s.

i_SPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recognize this is an old thread, but hoping someone else is running these with SPS.

running a G5 over my Fluval Evo 13.5 SPS reef.

Settings - A 35%, B - 100%, C - 100%, D - 100%, E - 5%, F - 100%.

I am happy with the PAR at these levels but I‘m wondering if anyone else has setting suggestions to optimize coloration without sacrificing too much PAR. I have good growth, I’d just like a little more pop/intensity in terms of color.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recognize this is an old thread, but hoping someone else is running these with SPS.

I am happy with the PAR at these levels but I‘m wondering if anyone else has setting suggestions to optimize coloration without sacrificing too much PAR. I have good growth, I’d just like a little more pop/intensity in terms of color.

Maybe add an actinic bar?

bradreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have 2 over a 75 with an actinic led bar. Your levels seem pretty high for a 13.5 gallon. What PAR are you getting that uou are happy with? I am 90% Sps

i_SPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 over a 75 with an actinic led bar. Your levels seem pretty high for a 13.5 gallon. What PAR are you getting that uou are happy with? I am 90% Sps
280-ish on the sand bed (obviously not every corner, side glass etc.)

I know these lights don’t have the greatest spectrum in comparison to some higher end LEDs, but they can grow things well.

I’m just hoping someone has a setting they use to really bring out those colors

Hex_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any body tried this light? Mine just arrived and everything other than the Mount seems fine. Wondering what the ideal settings for a 29 gallon cube would be.
I have this light on my new tank. I like the overall build quality. The mount system works great for me. The light gets extremely bright. The spectrum (if true per the manual) is solid. User interface is very easy to use once you understand it. Make sure you setup the system time to a 24 hour clock (military time) or it won't work (ask me how i know...)

The heat sink fan will automatically kick on if any LED channel (a-b-c-d-e-f-g) for any color go's 20% or higher...the fan is kind of loud, but should keep the LED's from burning out for a long time.

I would use the standard "Mix" setting to start on your nano tank and adjust as needed.

From what I can tell, this is the best light for the money on the market. But, time will tell...

Hex_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the life of me I can't get the remote to work at all but I'm more of a set it and forget it type so no biggie.
It is a little more white than I thought it would be. More of a coral+ T5 color. I have the whites set at 5%
Is the battery installed? Mine works fine. The remote is very handy for changing to actinic mode or turning the light off with a single button press instead of having to scroll through the menu.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
280-ish on the sand bed (obviously not every corner, side glass etc.)

I know these lights don’t have the greatest spectrum in comparison to some higher end LEDs, but they can grow things well.

I’m just hoping someone has a setting they use to really bring out those colors
If someone finds this out, post the settings here. I added some cheapo LED bars and get a little bit more pop but not what I’m wanting during the sunrise/sunset

i_SPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know how to tune to AB+ on these? Maybe I missed those ratios somewhere in the thread.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 55 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back