Snowflake eel

Calireefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers purchased a small snowflake eel last week I’ve only seen him twice and he doesn’t come out for feeding is this normal?

SudzFD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers purchased a small snowflake eel last week I’ve only seen him twice and he doesn’t come out for feeding is this normal?
Yeah, he’s probably coming out at night and still getting settled in. They are very hardy and very fun to keep. I wouldn’t worry. Give him time.

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with the above statement. Keep in mind it’s not unusual for eels to go weeks without eating especially when first introduced to a tank. Nothing to be concerned about.

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any new eel should be quarantined and treated with general cure for atleast 2 weeks since almost all eels in general will get internal parasites due to the stress and the fact that they eat live fish which may also contain internal worms which can get transferred to the eel, they can go for months without much notice, but they can stop eating and perish at the last moment.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back