So my kessil died....

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my 6 year old kessil 360we lights died today. Tried testing connections and powering off and on but nothing. Guessing it must just be time for replacement but figured I would reach out anyway.

Has anyone experienced this and found an easier fix? Is it just time to finally bite the bullet on the tank rebuild I've been pondering? These things always seem to happen when you're trying to save money for something else.

@Kessil

cbranin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe power supply issue? Tripped a circuit? Idk maybe try plugging it into a different outlet in the house? Sorry to hear about your light

OP
OP
Jekyl

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe power supply issue? Tripped a circuit? Idk maybe try plugging it into a different outlet in the house? Sorry to hear about your light
Unfortunately it's on the same system as the rest of my equipment and only 1 light isn't working.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately it's on the same system as the rest of my equipment and only 1 light isn't working.
Think they meant the DC power brick feeding it. It is unusual but not out of the realm of possibility you have more than one light running off a dc brick but....

Point is did you try swapping power supplies?
@_AV if you consider a repair.

OP
OP
Jekyl

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think they meant the DC power brick feeding it. It is unusual but not out of the realm of possibility you have more than one light running off a dc brick but....

Point is did you try swapping power supplies?
@_AV if you consider a repair.
I actually got it working by blowing it out with the compressor. So thank you to @Reefer Matt

It was almost bitter sweet as I have been considering a rebuild on the tank. At least now it won't be forced though.

It has been VERY humid here the last couple days. Guessing that added with the dust build up caused the issue.

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually got it working by blowing it out with the compressor. So thank you to @Reefer Matt

It was almost bitter sweet as I have been considering a rebuild on the tank. At least now it won't be forced though.

It has been VERY humid here the last couple days. Guessing that added with the dust build up caused the issue.

Salt + condensation is murder on electronics, especially air cooled ones which need to pass air through them selves.

Blowing it out with air may only be a temporary fix without taking it apart and doing a good wash down in an ultrasonic cleaner over several rounds - not suggested unless you really want to save it.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 46 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 160 73.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.6%
Back