Sobo's 150g Tank

goldy26

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for you, how do you like the flexible tubing from the drain into the sock? Is it a pain when you need to change out the sock? I'm setting up a 150 myself and am trying to figure out the best way for my drain. I want it to be quiet but also want ease when it comes to maintenance.

OP
OP
Sobo's Reef

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for you, how do you like the flexible tubing from the drain into the sock? Is it a pain when you need to change out the sock? I'm setting up a 150 myself and am trying to figure out the best way for my drain. I want it to be quiet but also want ease when it comes to maintenance.
Its actually not flexible tubing going into the socks, its all hard line. What I did was make 7-8 slits in the end of the PVC tubing going into the sock so it doesn't bubble up. I put a union on each tube so I can easily unscrew them and remove the socks. Its easy enough, only thing that stinks is I have to turn off my pump and then wait like 10-15 for all the water to drain out completely or else once I disconnect it, it'll drip drip drip lol

goldy26

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its actually not flexible tubing going into the socks, its all hard line. What I did was make 7-8 slits in the end of the PVC tubing going into the sock so it doesn't bubble up. I put a union on each tube so I can easily unscrew them and remove the socks. Its easy enough, only thing that stinks is I have to turn off my pump and then wait like 10-15 for all the water to drain out completely or else once I disconnect it, it'll drip drip drip lol

Gotcha, I'll have to look into that. Your build looks great!

OP
OP
Sobo's Reef

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update. Tank is settling in nicely. Went out and picked up 5 turbo snails and 5 trochus snails to help with the algae. Also got 3 chromis to test the waters. All have been doing well for a few days now.

My fuge has been booming as of late. A few macros are really taking off so that's good :)

I've also decided to take a dive in the shark route. I'm planning on getting a coral banded shark egg and raising it from a baby. Hopefully in the next few weeks.

s2nhle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great addtion. i also have 5 turbo snails in my tank. they cleaned the algea so fast. i am afraid that I don't have enough algea to feed them now. lol

OP
OP
Sobo's Reef

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great addtion. i also have 5 turbo snails in my tank. they cleaned the algea so fast. i am afraid that I don't have enough algea to feed them now. lol
Yeah mine have been doing a great job so far with everything. I may go out and grab a couple more to be honest.

Oh and a correction on the shark name --- **coral catshark**, not a banded shark lol

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck with the shark!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 21 42.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 20 40.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.0%
Back