Sodium nitrate source?

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone have a current link for sodium nitrate suitable for dosing? The brands I used to use seem discontinued, and google not helping.

Bonus points if you have phosphate as well.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have a current link for sodium nitrate suitable for dosing? The brands I used to use seem discontinued, and google not helping.

Bonus points if you have phosphate as well.
I don’t have any useful information but I have always thought that ordering these things in bulk might trigger the interest of the FBI, which might explain why the sources are drying up?

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah there was some suicide challenge thing going around with sodium nitrate so it’s pretty difficult to get online nowadays. Loud wolf pulled it from their site as well. I switched to ammonium chloride. If you can’t find it anywhere maybe look up Randy’s ammonia dosing thread and go that route, or buy NeoNitro or something similar.

Edit, forgot Sodium phosphate dibasic direct from loud wolf

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Modernist Pantry still has it on their website. This is what I used prior to switching to Calcium Nitrate which Loudwolf has on its site.

Malum Argenteum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calcium nitrate is used in planted tanks, and so should be able to be sourced from those suppliers, too:

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ugh. Posts like this make me so sad. Not a comment on you looking for the product you need but rather that you find yourself in this position because kids are using similar products to hurt themselves.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 24 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.2%
Back