OP
OP
L

liram

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I was alluding to when I said what lights do you have on the tank... I was kinda wondering if maybe he placed it farther down because it want doing well, also because I don’t know what size tank it is/shape. If it’s a frag tank like height it shouldn’t too bad to have it there but there are so many questions that he hasn’t even answered. Weird asking for help then not answering those trying to...:(
Perhaps he is at work but who knows
Hello sorry for not answering quickly I wasn't sure how long the answers were going to take since I'm new and I was taking care of my daughter. I have the 50 watts NICREW LED reef light and saving up to upgrade. I might try glueing the zoas to a higher part of the tank where they will have a bit more flow away from the sand. I will try dipping them as well because I did notice a weird clear bubble on one of the polyps.

thank you so much.

OP
OP
L

liram

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone's chimed in with some great suggestions! One thing I did notice is that it's sitting on the sand bed. I'd placing it onto your rock scape where it can receive more flow and not be bothered with the sand. You can go to the dollar store and purchase some super glue gel (look for the one that is made of cyanoacrylate), or if you want to play it safe purchase some reef glue (BSI is a great brand).
Thank You so much I will try that after trying to dip them as well.

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually I had this same problem when I first got my zoa frag. I googled what could be wrong and I found out that zoas dislike sand. Make sure the flow isnt too strong, because there could be sand grains being blown onto the zoas, maybe even gotten onto the polyps and they closed.
I do currently have my zoas in the sand, but they have been placed in an area of the sandbed where the sand doesnt move around much. Best of luck.
*Pest or param swings are another possible threat*

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun.. :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back