South western Missouri?

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wife and I took a weekend trip to Springfield Mo. can anyone recommend any lfs in this area? Our plan is to visit the Johnny Morris aquarium and the Bass Pro here but not sure what all else is in this area.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been years since I went to an LFS down there. The ones I prefer are in St Louis which is still 2 hours from Mexico.
There is the Aquarium Shoppe in Springfield, and I seem to remember a shop in Ava, but I can't remember what it was called and can't find it in Google. Sorry I'm not much help.

Definitely visit the Bass Pro Aquarium.

OP
OP
Derrick0580

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We enjoyed the bass pro aquarium! Stopped at the corner reef in st louis, must say I was thoroughly disappointed! It’s a beginner’s paradise, but for anyone looking for quality unique corals it just wasn’t happening. Their fish selection wasn’t terrible, but in every system I saw one or more suffering from a parasite or illness that I wasn’t willing to chance bringing home on one that wasn’t showing symptoms. All in all it was a decent vacation as we wondered down to Branson, which I can now say I’ve been and never plan to return! We ate lunch at Lambert’s where they throw fresh rolls to you from across the restaurant. Hit up their gift shop since that is also my last name and had to get stuff for family! Definitely not fond of the 8 hour drive each way!

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 14.3%
Back