Spitting food out and bites again?

NancyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a new 1” little storm fish. He is eager with new food but then he spits it out and bites it again, and sometimes again. I think he eats it after that, but I know sometimes he doesn’t. We’re feeding pellets currently.

Is this like a game, or maybe flukes/blockage? I feel like it’s hard to tell what he’s actually eating because he’ll take the food to the bottom of the tank too.

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try all sorts of different things. Squid and mysis are often good. PE pellets are great too. Use garlic to assist with appetite. This is serious and getting a fish eating is an important part of the hobby. Good luck

OP
OP
N

NancyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A blockage or similar is possible. Have you tried offering smaller foods than the ones it has spat out?
The food he’s spitting out are tiny pellets, not sure how to get much smaller.. maybe flakes? The lfs said it was his diet but I think he was a new shipment

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try different foods, once they start eating one thing its easier to get them onto other foods. Have a look at different frozen foods, like mysis and reef frenzy.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes, breeders sell clowns that are just too young/small. Live baby brine shrimp and tiny TDO pellets is what they typically feed them, you may need to try those.....

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 32.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 53 26.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 41 20.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 40 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back