Springfield, MO

jtone_philthy_aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jonathon, Nice to meet you. I'm Chris, or Greybeard, either will work.

If you're in the woods around Lebanon, you're something like 30 miles east of me, out in the woods near Buffalo. Come on out, maybe we can get something going through sheer force of will :D
Nice to meet you Chris, That would be great I’m in 100%! I’m sure we can make it happen I know of a few others in Springfield that are also new to mo and they are looking for a club to join. I’d be glad to come and start getting to work on this. I will pm you my cell number and we can start to get this lined up together sorry for the late response brother I missed the notification.

Bladezz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you all decide to create a club in Springfield? I'm in Joplin but I will come to monthly meetings. Life factors forced me out of the hobby when the SEAS was in its prime.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you all decide to create a club in Springfield? I'm in Joplin but I will come to monthly meetings. Life factors forced me out of the hobby when the SEAS was in its prime.

No movement. I'm up for whatever... be happy to host a meetup, anything I can do to get a marine aquarium club back up and running in this area.

Bladezz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No movement. I'm up for whatever... be happy to host a meetup, anything I can do to get a marine aquarium club back up and running in this area.
Maybe we could discuss doing group buys for say things like salt, frozen foods, cleanup crews etc.... Not sure how to organize something like that. I'm still probably 8 weeks from having my big tank ready.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be in Joplin this Saturday. 2A pride ride at Hideout.

I'd be happy to host something. Meet and greet, planning session, whatever. Set up a date, let's get it moving, everybody can ogle my neglected, BTA filled aquarium :D

Mystersynyster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So anymore ideas on getting a club together in Springfield, or does anyone want to get together tomorrow and chat about tanks. Or, come see my tank, see if you have any feedback on my setup

Wasteoftime247

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey so I am in Springfield but it doesn't look like this group is very active or am I missing something. I am new to saltwater and wanted to see if anyone was local that I could pick their brains or just meet up and get ideas.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're right. Not very active... Springfield's reef club shut down years ago. Several of the old members are still around, but all attempts to resurrect the group seem doomed to failure.

All the same, I'd be happy to hang out for a while, talk reefing. I'm in Buffalo, about a 40 minute drive north, but I get to Springfield regularly. Send me a PM, we can figure something out.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back