• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

SPS--a bunch of pretty sticks-- red dragon, red convex, reeftek starburst, Rommel's

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have been involved with saltwater tanks for about 15 years. I have recently (about 2 years or so) switched to a larger tank (180 Bowfront) and upgraded most of my equipment (skimmer, lights, ATO, pumps in and out of the tank) and as a result my sps are growing like crazy. I need to trim so that I can clean up the coral garden as well as stop some coral warfare (stinging-chemotactic artillery).

All of these pictures are recent shots of my colonies from the last few months

pic-of-the-year-entry-2012.jpg

I am planning to cut the frags really big (relatively speaking). Some corals are harder to cut decent sized frags because of their growth pattern and I will try to point that out to you. Each coral frag that I have introduced to my tank has gone through Bayer as a dip and I recommend you do the same. I follow this protocol: https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/general-sps-discussion/100496-bayer-insecticide-coral-dip.html

Please, if your tank is not ready, do not purchase SPS yet, just wait till all your parameters are stable. My parameters are pretty much middle of the road for an SPS tank. Some frags will brown on shipping and you need to give them time to color up. I do not have a functioning frag tank and so everything you see comes from my display tank. I will usually send you fresh cuts unless you ask me to hold the frags in my tank for a week or two. Some of the frags have been in my tank waiting for me to finally put together a sale thread

Disclaimer: My “named corals†were sold to me with those specific “namesâ€. I have labeled everything exactly as I purchased these frags originally. I purchased my frags from both online vendors and hobbyists. I have tried to verify the accuracy of my named colonies through additional resources (reefer friends, both online and local buddies) as well. Lastly, all my pictures have tried to accurately render the color of these colonies. I really am trying to sell you the real deal and be as honest, ethical and honorable as I can. If I have mislabeled anything, it is an unintentional error.

DOA policy: My policy is the same as most people on this forum. I only guarantee live arrival with a.m. delivery and you must sign for it on first attempt. Any DOA within the first day, send me a photo. I will credit you the DOA coral or reship but you will have to pay shipping. If your frag croaks after that let me know and we probably can work something out. I only ship on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday to prevent any possible weekend delays. My policy in general can be described as: I thoroughly enjoy this hobby. That’s pretty much it. Enjoy the pictures. These are colony shots and not wysiwyg.

12_zpsdf701901.jpg

1.) Red Dragon 1 to 1½ inches or so for $65.

red-dragon-2.jpg

2.) Red Convexa $75 Extraordinary, bright red. I have mine up high with lots of flow. Quite a fast grower. Frags will be around 1 to 2 inches and pretty thick. This is a show stopper and I actually have never seen it in anyone’s tank besides mine. I have seen some photos online of it.
red-stag-1.jpg

red-stag.jpg

3.) Steve Elias Stag $35 for 1 to 2 inch frag and it is possible that I have mixed this up for Paletta’s Baby blue stag. I got a frag of each from two different vendors and they both look identical and then I got mixed up. Either way, It is really pretty and grows really fast.

steve-elias-stag-2nd-frag.jpg

4.) Cousin of Strawberry Shortcake. $40 for 1 inch frag. I will try to get larger frags but the growth pattern makes this challenging. I made up the name for my own reference. This was originally sold to me by a hobbyist who is really not knowledgeable as an aussie strawberry shortcake but it is most probably a morph. It is not as bright pink nor as bright green as the more classical strawberry shortcake. I have a stunner of a strawberry shortcake that is just not ready to frag yet. Nonetheless, this is an incredible and beautiful coral with awesome coloration, but it is not the strawberry shortcake we all think of. Think of this as a kissing cousin.

cousin-of-strawberry-shortcake-1.jpg

5.) Blueberry Fields. $40 for 1to 2 inch frags. These frags will hopefully be even bigger. Blueberry fields has different pictures across the internet that look different from each other. This was sold to me by a seasoned and knowledgeable reefer and I therefore trust it to be what he called it. Gorgeous blueberry coloring and closer to the core is a green to beige body. Mine is growing pretty thick and a very pretty colony.

blueberry-fields-1.jpg

6.) Purple tipped nasuta $35 for 1 inch frags. Actually kind of rainbow colored but it is growing right next to my Tyree Blue Matrix and so I want to trim it aggressively so that is why I priced it low. This actually is called Pearl of the Pacific and has a very interesting history. You can check it out on the internet

mop.jpg

7.) Palmer’s Blue millie $45 1 to 1½ frags This is a gorgeous deep, deep blue millie.

palmers-blue-millie-and-red-planet-1.jpg

8.) Reef Tek Starburst $45 for 1 inch plus. Also a show stopper with its yellow polyps on orange/red base. Rare, really hard to find. Mine is low in the tank and relatively low flow. I think it is happiest with more flow and light actually.

ref-tek-starbusrt-best-pic.jpg

9.) ATL Shades of Fall $35 1 to 1½ inch. This looks like the Pink Lemonade and probably a morph (you can read interesting history of this online). It is pinker than Pink Lemonade and tips are not as deep yellow more yellow/white. Really pretty and mine tables in high flow and high light. I bought this as ATL Shades of Fall but there are so many different pictures of this on the internet, that it is hard to verify. I think my colony is a beauty irregardless.

cousin-of-strawberry-shortcake2-111912.jpg

pink-lemonade-almost.jpg

cousin-of-pink-lemonade.jpg

OP
OP
watchguy123

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10.) Ult Rainbow Acropora $60 Expect large frags, somewhere between 1 to 1½ inches. Yellow/white body, red polyps, and blue/purple tips. This is as dramatic as it gets

ult-acro-best--21112.jpg

ult-acro-best--cropped21112.jpg

11.) Ora Pearlberry $50 ! to 1½ inches. This is one of the most dramatic corals out there. Greenish/aqua body changing to blue onto tips. It is everyone’s favorite.
pearlberry-acro.jpg

12.) Superman Digitata Montipora $35 Large frags that are either 1½ or 1 inch multi branching pieces. It has a blue body and bright orange polyps. Mine is high light and high flow. This blue bodied beauty is rarely seen. It does require high light for the blue body.

lots-of-color.jpg

13.) Rainbow Granulosa $25 Frags will be around 1 inch or so because it is hard to get long frags from this one at this time.

23.jpg

14.) Metallic or Sapphire Millie. $60 1 inch frag. This is stunning blue at tips and sapphire green otherwise. It is amazing. Originally, I got a frag of each and then moved them around and lost one (unglued and could not find). So I am confused as to which I really have and pictures online are very very similar. So choose this by how you like my colony and not the name.
sapphire-millie-or-metallic-millie.jpg

15.) Rommel’s Watermelon Millie $45 1 to 1½ Mine is up high with tons of flow. It has an orange/peach body and yellow polyps. It is absolutely stunning and there really is nothing quite like it. All millies can change color depending on parameters particularly lighting. My colony looks pretty darn yellow to me and sometimes I can see the orange/peach body shining through in areas depending how the light is hitting it.

rommel-watermelon.jpg

16.) Bright green acro with super long polyps. $35 frag. 1 to 1½ frags. It sits in the very front left corner of my tank and I think if it was more in the middle and got more light it would be even brighter green. I lost the name of this one, sorry. It is pretty though.

bright-green-acro-with-spotlight.jpg

17.) Blue polyped nasuta $45 1 to 1½ inch frags. I am not sure what it is. It looks a lot like upscale microlades but these polyps are incredibly blue with a really cool green body. I think it is stunning and incredibly unusual and bright. The blue polyps will really knock your socks off.

blue-polyped-nasuta.jpg

18.) SCC Planet Earth $55 for 1 to 1½ inch frags . Amazing colony of blue body with purplish/raspberry polyps so that it glows between blue and purplish/raspberry. I have not seen anything like it and I have never seen another mature colony. The base sometimes also has some green in it at times. It is extraordinary and another stunner.
scc-planet-earth.jpg

19.) Rouge Millie $40 1 to 1½ inch frags. Reddish pink with green polyps. I did not buy this frag as a Tyree but it certainly is similar. I do have a Tyree rouge millie but it is not ready to be fragged yet. The color combination on this colony is incredible.

back-corner-millie2.jpg

20.) SCC Halloween Millie. $35 1 to 1½ inch frags. Orange body and green polyps. Very dramatic. Mine is in the back corner of my tank which I do not believe is ideal
halloween-millie.jpg

21.) Aquamarine jewel $95 1 inch frags. Might even be a little shorter because of its growth pattern. I did not get this from Greg Hiller but I was assured when I purchased it that it was the real deal. It is awesome. The seller to me somehow lost his colony and now I am sending him a frag in return. This is practically impossible to find

aquadelight-jewel-111912.jpg

OP
OP
watchguy123

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
22.) Orange Setosa $35 Super bright orange and this one has an extraordinary growth pattern
tyree-orange-setosa.jpg

23.) FF Red Robin Stag. $40 for either 1 to 1½ inch frags This is another beautiful red stag. Mine is unfortunately somewhat shaded because of the growth of the red convexa above it. Did not expect the dramatic growth and size of the convexa. And I planted everything to close together because I could not stop adding frag after frag to my tank. Yes, I am addicted to sps.

redrobin_zps4635074a.jpg

24.) Garf Bonzai $35 About a 1 inch frag. Hard to get longer cuts of this.and may be just shy of one inch but I will try my best. Gorgeous blue/purple tips and very bright green polyps. On top of that grows in a bonsai shape.

garg-bonzai-111912.jpg

25.) Blue Tenuis (I think) $40 for 1 inch frags. Really pretty with baby blue tips and whitish/beige body.

baby-blue-tenuis.jpg

26.) Bright Flourescent Green Acro maybe millie $40 for a frag and I will try to make them an inch but the branches grow such that they very well may be smaller. I originally got this as a small frag. I was hopeful that it would have blue tips but the blue is slight and you have to use your imagination to see it. I paid a $100 for the frag—really I did and I have no idea what I was thinking at the time because it was a small frag and the whole colony was smaller than mine is nowl. Anyway, it is super bright and fluorescent and I love it even if the blue is only a hint on the tips. It just might need more time.

fluorescent-green-millie.jpg

27.) Pink/red tabling acro 1 inch frags for $35 This is a red hyacinth but it really is much more pink. Very cool shape and growth as well as color.

red-hyacinth-tabling.jpg

Shipping is a flat $50 for Fed Ex next day by 10:30 am delivery unless you buy over $300 worth of coral and then it is free. I do not want to ship less than $150 worth of frags because I do not have the free time to Fed Ex and box smaller orders. Sorry, it is just too much work for me and I have a busy day job. Once again, I will try to make all the frags larger than you are accustomed to and these are extraordinary colored corals.

3_zps70f20744.jpg

lakeviewink

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful sticks. Of course, bad timing for me. Just upgraded systems. Cash flo is not flowing. GLWS

REEF911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful

You have some super nice sticks. It must be so relaxing to watch your tank. I hope my future tank has some of these corals. The 60 gallon is fully stocked and as I'm finding out way to small for my sps craving

Zack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in love with the jewel! Also, did your Halloween mille change colors? I recall seeing a pic you posted before where it really matched the name Halloween. It almost looked orange and black. Am I thinking of the same piece?
How many frags of the jewel are you gonna have available?

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

OP
OP
watchguy123

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous colonies youv got there! GLWS!

Amazing sps!

I'm in love with the jewel! Also, did your Halloween mille change colors? I recall seeing a pic you posted before where it really matched the name Halloween. It almost looked orange and black. Am I thinking of the same piece?
How many frags of the jewel are you gonna have available?

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Thanks for all the compliments everyone.

I only have a few frags of the aquamarine jewel because my colony is just not that big and i want the colony to get big.

The halloween millie is in the back of the tank and about 1/2 way down. It is shaded and does not get that much flow or light with its position in the tank. It has never really flourished in my tank for all those reasons. The original mother colony that I got it from is beautiful. I don't have any room to move it in my tank, real estate is all used up. Its growth has not been spectacular as well again I believe because of the lack of light and flow.

Starblenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome collection. When my SPS grows out, I'll hit you up for some acros.

OP
OP
watchguy123

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the superman like milli next to ur rommels?

Hey thanks everyone for the compliments.

A short update, I am shipping tomorrow and my next shipping dates will be next Tuesday and Wednesday (April 9 and 10th)

To answer MattL22's question, the superman like milli next to the Rommels Watermelon millie is Nick's Bubblegum Millie. It is absolutely gorgeous and Nick says it is difficult for people to get it to color up in their tanks. I have had this frag for almost two years. It is one of the slowest growing acro's that I have experienced. Half the colony is beautifully colored up and the other half not so. The half that has not colored up as well has been shaded from light and flow by my Red convexa. I am trimming the Red convexa to give the rest of Nick's Bubblegum Millie a chance to completely color up. Both colonies, the red convexa and Nick's bubble gum millie are favorites, however all the other colonies are also my favorites--I love them all. And to answer the question not yet asked, this bubble gum millie is too small to frag yet. I do have other bubblegum miliies that I did not photograph but are equally beautiful that are fraggable--but the list for sale is plenty long already.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 14.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 94 48.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 62 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.6%
Back