• Don't Smoke

Votes: 55 70.5%

• Total voters

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree (even though i am a smoker).. I did vape for 6 months and had no real cigs. But on month 6 my gums got very sensitive and would actually bleed very easily.. I guessing its because I was using vape liquid that was not very high quality and i think the stuff was from China.. Anyway I stopped and my gums were fine after a week. But unfortunately went back to real cigs..

OT
Have you tried a 100% VG e-juice? I hate to see someone go from vaping back to smokes. I hate to switch to a 100% VG e-juice as I had some "side-affects" from the PG based e-juice.

Here's some info between the two:
Vegetable glycerin is a thick, heavy, and sweet-tasting liquid. It gives your smokeless cigarette a very pleasant sweet flavor, and creates large amounts of vapor. It also creates an incredibly smooth throat hit that many users highly appreciate. Vegetable glycerin is derived from, you guessed it, vegetables. Therefore it is considered completely natural and safe. VG is also used as a sweetener and in many cosmetic products.
Vegetable glycerin imparts a slightly sweet flavor –however it does not contain sugar, and is metabolized by the body in a different manner than sugar.
Propylene glycol, by comparison, is very thin, but even sweeter than VG. PG is known to produce a great throat hit, and that is why some people favor it in their smokeless cigarettes.
Something to consider with PG is that it has a higher rate of sensitivity, and can cause reactions that are allergic in nature in some users. It is generally recognized as safehttp://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/phs/phs.asp?id=1120&tid=240 by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, which is why it can be found in a host of healthcare products from skincare lotions to body products and as a preservative in foods. However, a small percentage of people, about 2%, have negative allergic reactions to PG where they experience shortness of breath or dryness of the throat.

http://www.bestclearomizer.com/pg-vs-vg/

Give it a shot and maybe it will help you out. Maybe get a longer drip tip that you can get the vapor behind your teeth/gums. (I don't know if that will help)
I know that vaping is still ingesting nicotine, but it's miles better than smokes and cheaper.

Hope this helps, dude!

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't get me started on smoking...

But in relation to the tank, any contaminants can cause harm. I have a friend who works in the detailing industry and uses armor all all the time. He washed his hands before entering the tank but still had unknown issues. I told him to keep his hands out of the tank for a week and run carbon to see what happens. Now he wears gloves. The unknown chemicals we have on our hands will cause issues in the tank. Just my $.02 without bashing smoking...

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My worry about gloves is losing that "feel" you get for handling corals.

Is that ever a problem?

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually feel more confident handling my corals and working in my tank when wearing gloves. I know I'm not introducing any contaminants nor am I gonna get a bristle worm surprise. LR is sharp and covered with bacteria, don't like the thought of getting even a small cut.
I use the non-powered surgical gloves outside the tank.
These gloves fit great, have a textured grip and are very easy to work with. My hands don't enter my tank without these on :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414688177.528271.jpg

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OT
Have you tried a 100% VG e-juice? I hate to see someone go from vaping back to smokes. I hate to switch to a 100% VG e-juice as I had some "side-affects" from the PG based e-juice.

Here's some info between the two:
Vegetable glycerin is a thick, heavy, and sweet-tasting liquid. It gives your smokeless cigarette a very pleasant sweet flavor, and creates large amounts of vapor. It also creates an incredibly smooth throat hit that many users highly appreciate. Vegetable glycerin is derived from, you guessed it, vegetables. Therefore it is considered completely natural and safe. VG is also used as a sweetener and in many cosmetic products.
Vegetable glycerin imparts a slightly sweet flavor –however it does not contain sugar, and is metabolized by the body in a different manner than sugar.
Propylene glycol, by comparison, is very thin, but even sweeter than VG. PG is known to produce a great throat hit, and that is why some people favor it in their smokeless cigarettes.
Something to consider with PG is that it has a higher rate of sensitivity, and can cause reactions that are allergic in nature in some users. It is generally recognized as safehttp://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/phs/phs.asp?id=1120&tid=240 by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, which is why it can be found in a host of healthcare products from skincare lotions to body products and as a preservative in foods. However, a small percentage of people, about 2%, have negative allergic reactions to PG where they experience shortness of breath or dryness of the throat.

http://www.bestclearomizer.com/pg-vs-vg/

Give it a shot and maybe it will help you out. Maybe get a longer drip tip that you can get the vapor behind your teeth/gums. (I don't know if that will help)
I know that vaping is still ingesting nicotine, but it's miles better than smokes and cheaper.

Hope this helps, dude!

Thanks for the advice! I'm not sure which type I was using that had that affect on my gums but I can go to the store I use to get it at and find out. Maybe I will give the other one a try :)

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice! I'm not sure which type I was using that had that affect on my gums but I can go to the store I use to get it at and find out. Maybe I will give the other one a try :)

The majority of e-juice out there is a blend of the two. I've been seeking out only 100% VG and haven't been happier!

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually feel more confident handling my corals and working in my tank when wearing gloves. I know I'm not introducing any contaminants nor am I gonna get a bristle worm surprise. LR is sharp and covered with bacteria, don't like the thought of getting even a small cut.
I use the non-powered surgical gloves outside the tank.
These gloves fit great, have a textured grip and are very easy to work with. My hands don't enter my tank without these on :)

Good to hear! I've only seen the long thicker material gloves, almost like you are ready to dip your hands into something caustic...

I'm going to take a look around for these!
Thanks!

xcorallusx

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my sps did not start growing till I got them hooked on cigarettes. I give them one after each feeding and I hold the filter end on my skimmer intake and light em up.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dmt smoke on my hands has made all my acros turn into rainbows.

I smoke but not sure how i would notice if it was hurting anything.

gacolt

JEEP STUFF
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i smoke.always outside and i try to use my non smoking hand.i have put my smoking hand in the tank and have never seen a negative affect.

StReNuOuS BiOmArKeR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I smoke and i smoke in my garage n all i do is sps mine have really deep color as well maybe its workin lol

I also work for a store here and a majority of what we do is sps i havent seen ill effects maybe spsaddict will chime in he does much the same as me and his acros are also amazing

Last edited:

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

• I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

• Other.

Back