SPS based Radion Programs

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes most of it is people sharing. I was using my own creation for the last year and half with great results. I am now trying the AB+ from the ecotech paper just to see. So far not so good, but I'm going to stick with it for a few months before I jump ship! Ecotech also has a FaceBook group that has lots of programs you can try. They are not "Ecotech" but rather programs other users have uploaded for you to try.

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes most of it is people sharing. I was using my own creation for the last year and half with great results. I am now trying the AB+ from the ecotech paper just to see. So far not so good, but I'm going to stick with it for a few months before I jump ship! Ecotech also has a FaceBook group that has lots of programs you can try. They are not "Ecotech" but rather programs other users have uploaded for you to try.
I haven't had much luck with the pre-sets either.

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't had much luck with the pre-sets either.
Define Presets? My original program consisted of a variety of "presets" (Deep blue, 12K, 14K, 20K, ALL BLUE, etc) and was working great. What I'm using now is the actual AB+ program.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@rovster did you end up sticking with the sps AB+ or going back to your old config? Are you supplementing with T5s at all?

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shortly after switching to the program my tank took a dive for the worse. Looking back, I should have paid attention to the alk a little closer. I think when I changed my lighting program the corals stalled out and I spiked my alk which sent my tank into a tailspin. I switched back to my original program and things started to improve. After a month or so I figured what the heck I switched back to the AB+ but at that point most of the damage was done. I've been running it for a couple of months and things look OK now. I'm not seeing anything amazing, in fact I think its a little too blue, but my T5 combo is on the whiter side so its all good. My tank has been in and out of a funk for a while now but its been slowly getting better. I have a few corals that woke up in the last few weeks.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shortly after switching to the program my tank took a dive for the worse. Looking back, I should have paid attention to the alk a little closer. I think when I changed my lighting program the corals stalled out and I spiked my alk which sent my tank into a tailspin. I switched back to my original program and things started to improve. After a month or so I figured what the heck I switched back to the AB+ but at that point most of the damage was done. I've been running it for a couple of months and things look OK now. I'm not seeing anything amazing, in fact I think its a little too blue, but my T5 combo is on the whiter side so its all good. My tank has been in and out of a funk for a while now but its been slowly getting better. I have a few corals that woke up in the last few weeks.
Sorry to hear all of that! Thanks for the reply too I've been debating on making some tweaks to my program for my G3. I run my spectrum a lot whiter too (probably whiter than you) I have the Cool White channel on at 100% along with Blue and Royal Blue at 100%. I have my UV at 50% and Red and Green at 10%. I've thought about ramping down the Cool White some and I could up the UV. Not sure if it would benefit to raise the Red and Green though.

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my original program most of it was on the 12k and 14k setting so can't be a whole lot whiter than that. The AB+ is a big change.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back