SPS Location

NapoliNewJersey

Achilles Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to know if anyone knows the best locations for the following SPS.

Kedd's acro. (mine has turned greenish with no polyp extension.)
Bali Green Slimmer (ORA)
Rainbow Monti
Sunset Monti
Blue polyp Monti
Aussie Stag (ORA)
Oregon Tort
Becker Tort
Miami orchid
Purple Monster.

I have a 120g with 2 - 250watt 12K reeflux with 4 - 54watt T5's. I have 3,200gph flow just in powerheads. A Korallia 4, a Korallia 3, 2 Korrallia 1's, and a Maxijet 1200. That's without my 1,500gph return pump. The pumps are all on my ACjr. I have tons of light and almost 40x flowrate.

What I'm really looking for is which of these can tolerate lower parts of the tank and which need to be high and which need to be low to maintain coloration

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you just get them from another hobbyist? If so, start them off on the bottom and raise them gradually so you don't bleach them. Unless you know what lighting they came from and where their placement was based on that lighting.

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what t5's do you have?

that isnt' too much lighting so i think you would likely be fine anywhere in the tnak, though the acros may need to be up high to show best colors.

OP
OP
NapoliNewJersey

NapoliNewJersey

Achilles Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got them at an LFS. I have them all on a frag rack right now that is 10inches from the top.

The T5's are 4 54watt bulbs... 2 ATI blue +, 1 420 Actinic, 1 ATI AquaBlue.

I have gotten corals from other reefers that say they keep it at one level. But most people don't know what they're talking about.

For example I got a white with blue tip acro from someone and in my tank the whole acro turned blue and looks way better. Another guy sold me what he called a purple nana and in my tank it turned solid purple with bright green polyps.

The only reason I asked is cause I sorta consider this site to be amoung the elite when it comes to certain coral types. I know there are a few guys on here that are SPS monsters, a few that are zoaheads, and then a few that are LPS/Acan keepers.

Calling all SPS monsters..... give me a clue.

Back