OP
OP
B

Bent17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So did 2 WC since yest and now paramTers are like so.

Just checked paramaters:

P04 0.04 - should I turn off rawaphos?

N03 7.7

Cal 470

Mag 1370

Kh 8.2

Corals look same like yest so far

Pod_01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
P04 0.04 - should I turn off rawaphos?
I would stop using it and any other PO4 removal like GFO/aluminum binders etc… if PO4 is below 0.1. At your value you might be slowly starving your corals. I don’t like to use any media to remove PO4, every time I tried I ended up with unhappy/dead corals.
My last set of values:
1712586665503.jpeg

And some corals:
1712586768185.jpeg

1712586794544.jpeg

I would dose a little bit of carbon dosing (for example I use 0.2/0.4ml per 50gal TM NP Bacto Ballance) just to promote bacteria so corals have another food source. This is not for nutrition control.

Good luck,

OP
OP
B

Bent17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here is my icp result. Looks like iodine is the main culprit however please let me know if there is something else. For some reason some things didnt appear in the results..

Pod_01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here is my icp result. Looks like iodine is the main culprit however please let me know if there is something else. For some reason some things didnt appear in the results..

Interesting Iodine result, do you dose any? I have never gotten value that high.

Anyways FM ICP results are arranged where important items are at the top and less important/less critical down.

So to get most out of your money you should reduce Ca (reduce the dose) increase Sr and reduce I ( reduce the dose). Also your Sodium is up there so likely your salinity is elevated, something to look into. Also Iodine is not killing your corals.

Next down your P/PO4 is quite low so I would stop with any phosphate removal methods. This might be your reason for corals not being happy. I killed lot of corals when my PO4 is around 0.02 and very few when it is at 0.07-0.15ppm range. Low PO4 values suggest you are starving your corals. I suspect this is your issue.

Next group of elements if adjusted can improve your corals or might not (diminishing returns). Based on your values I might be tempted to increase Zinc, Vanadium and Nickel. I seen some positive results but that is based on my eyeball, corals seem less sensitive to light. The last two Co and Cr you can adjust, maybe you will observe something.
These trace elements are also present in foods so you may have enough from feeding.

Last set of elements is things to keep eye on and that section looks good to me.

Also out of curiosity, was this ICP taken before or after your water change? If before your water changes and you did large water change some of these might have been corrected.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 45 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back