Spyglass reactor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after manipulating things I have finally got this running the right way. Thanks for input.

Glad to here! We would love to know what was done so we can help to continue to develop our internal troubleshooting guide on this new product.

bsstover

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I realized was the output nozzle that I had on was the barbed nozzle and not the one indicated in the diagram. I guess the only input I could provide would be to have a clear sheet in instructions indicating the parts and maybe even number or some other identifiers on the parts themselves.

Confuse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me where the metal mesh screen is supposed to go? Is it supposed to go on the cone part and the ball sits on top of it?

Also, my sump level is deep like 10", do I have to make a stand for this reactor or keep it at some water level?

bsstover

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mesh will go at the top of the canister so that the media doesn't flow out.

I don't think water height matters inside of the sump. The pump will feed the reactor regardless of depth.

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my small yesterday and I'm excited to get it wet. looks awesome and the biggest selling point for me was the ease of cleaning!

One small gripe, the avast sticker was placed on the same side of the tube as the pump cord slot. I want the cord going out the back, so I'll probably have to cut another slot and fill in the existing one.

ctenophore

Avast Justin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my small in today with the nano pump and I cant get 1 cup of AIO to tumble even a little.
How deep is the water where the reactor is sitting? I've heard that very shallow water can sometimes create too much of a head pressure differential for a nano pump to start AIO pellets moving initially.

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hose slipped off the Sicce stem and the pump pulverized my gfo into a goopy sludge. shot it all over my tank and I lost several fish including a prized pintail wrasse. the problems are - no barb on the Sicce stem to help hold the hose on and the supplied plastic hose clamp was slightly too large. not good and not happy.

Mirya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I give up on using ChemiPure Blue in this? Is anyone else having luck with this media in this reactor?

Initially I had problems figuring out what flow wouldn't blow the media out the top. Now that it has been set up and running a few weeks, the media no longer tumbles whatsoever. There is still water flow going through the chamber though. I can shake the chamber and the media will tumble for a few minutes, then go back to settling at the bottom. This is even with the inlet on the pump fully open.

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can someone recommend a spyglass size and pump for a 120g tank with a 40 gallon sump??

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can someone recommend a spyglass size and pump for a 120g tank with a 40 gallon sump??

We don't rate media reactors of any kind for tank size only media volume. For example I use on my personal 400g tank 200g sump a large with biopellets, medium with rox.8 carbon and small with phosphate media.

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering buying the small model which is 18" tall. I have 21" in my cabinet. Will the 3" of clearance be enough to remove the cone for media changes?

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a small and you'll need more than 3".

Bob Loblaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3" will be tight but it's doable if you have room in the sump to lean the reactor over and pull it out at an angle- messy but it works.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 167 73.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 39 17.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.2%
Back