• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Star Mint Candy Cane

Razorbacks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for a specific strain of candy cane called "Star Mint". This was described by Jake Adams on the reef builders podcast and shown on the website. Both he and Mark van der Wal had it in their tanks for a long time. Jake said he'd seen many strains over 20 years that people claimed were the same but that this one was clearly distinct and superior to similar looking variants.

He also mentioned he gave some to one of his local fish stores and they were selling them very quickly. It looks like Tidal Gardens sold it at one point but confirmed to me today that they no longer do. Can anyone help me track this down? Given the popularity and fast growing nature of candy canes I know this has to be out there.

roboshark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for a specific strain of candy cane called "Star Mint". This was described by Jake Adams on the reef builders podcast and shown on the website. Both he and Mark van der Wal had it in their tanks for a long time. Jake said he'd seen many strains over 20 years that people claimed were the same but that this one was clearly distinct and superior to similar looking variants.

He also mentioned he gave some to one of his local fish stores and they were selling them very quickly. It looks like Tidal Gardens sold it at one point but confirmed to me today that they no longer do. Can anyone help me track this down? Given the popularity and fast growing nature of candy canes I know this has to be out there.
Do you have a picture?

OP
OP
Razorbacks

Razorbacks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

reeferjared

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I just got a frag of it. She has 2 more for sale

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 133 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%

Back