Starting Copper Power and Prazipro after Questions

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And if they’re off a little do you go through the acclamation process? I’m sure you try to match the same parameters however that’s not always possible so I’m just trying to see what the option would be
If salinity is off by more than say .03, or temperature off by 4 or 5 degrees, I would make adjustments in the QT over the course of a day before moving the fish to DT. I don't like the idea of rebagging, dripping , etc.

Edit: I don't bother with other parameters, although some may also check pH.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey Guys, I am looking to get a yellow wrasse Saturday and planning on QT this guy. My plan is to add him to the QT and watch him for about 2-3 days and make sure he eats and settles in and then start dosing copper power. First is this ok to do or do I need to start Copper right away or Have the tank up to 1.0PPM before adding the fish which I heard you need to do. Next I plan to allow him to go through copper treatment for at least 30 days. After this would it be ok to do a large %50 water change and maybe wait and do another and then start dosing the Prazipro or would I need another tank or another way to do it? Please provide what you guys like to do or what is okay. I don't have another tank for a separate treatment so I'd really like to be able to dose in the same tank. Just not sure if I can do it after the copper power treatment or not.
Start wrasse at 2.9 right away with added aeration and provide deep bowl with sand then increase copper to 2.25 after a week which will eradicate any disease fish may have
After 30 days, water change and prazi pro at 85% of dosage for 8 days and one more application lasting 8 days again with added aeration

OP
OP
L

Lgara1303

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If salinity is off by more than say .03, or temperature off by 4 or 5 degrees, I would make adjustments in the QT over the course of a day before moving the fish to DT. I don't like the idea of rebagging, dripping , etc.

Edit: I don't bother with other parameters, although some may also check pH.
Okay that sounds great thanks a lot so if the salinities ever off, you can just take a day or two more than likely, and bring it up or down however, you need and then you don’t even have to worry about bagging the fish again

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OK - so I'm going to disagree with my colleagues. The best thing - if you're planning a QT - unless a sensitive fish - is to start directly with your QT procedure - with copper. No reason to delay 2-3 days per your post. Just start the protocol. Transport is stressful - and its best to catch the disease (if any) - sooner than later IMHO

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back