Starting water box aio 20

rojas6202

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So basically I have a global 13.5 rn I’ve been running it for 2 years, it always had fish it never had coral , I recently got the aio 20 and I bought everything I need, with ato, skimmer, rodi unit, Nero 3, prime 16hd, i haven’t set it up yet, but my questions is I have no knowledge on corals and dosing them and how to feed them, so im hoping I can get a little help, I’m planing on just keeping lps in the tank, I wanna know a good light setting as well and if you guys recommend any upgraded filtration beside the chemi pure blue

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LPS do well with moderate flow and light (150-200 par). Light and fish waste is enough but you can spot feed with mysis or broadcast feed with something like reef chili. Your rock will be your most important source of filtration. Your skimmer will remove organics before they break down. Start with some easier lps at first such as candy canes and duncans until you get the hang of it.

OP
OP
R

rojas6202

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LPS do well with moderate flow and light (150-200 par). Light and fish waste is enough but you can spot feed with mysis or broadcast feed with something like reef chili. Your rock will be your most important source of filtration. Your skimmer will remove organics before they break down. Start with some easier lps at first such as candy canes and duncans until you get the hang of it.
Thank you!

OP
OP
R

rojas6202

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LPS do well with moderate flow and light (150-200 par). Light and fish waste is enough but you can spot feed with mysis or broadcast feed with something like reef chili. Your rock will be your most important source of filtration. Your skimmer will remove organics before they break down. Start with some easier lps at first such as candy canes and duncans until you get the hang of it
what about copepods? Is it good to have them in the tank as well?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back