OP
OP
Stemick

Stemick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<strong><font color="#800000">Everything is doing a lot better now. The new skimmer makes it a lot more stable. Since my sump is not big enough to hold much micro algea to make a big difference on nutrient levels, I decided I would try carbon dosing with vodka. I have been doing it for about 5 weeks now going on 6 weeks. My nutrient levels are dropping like flies. When I started my Carbon dosing my NO3 where 30mg/L and PO4? Today it tested No3: 10mg/L, PO4: &lt;0.05mg/L, Alkalinity(kh): 7 KH, Ca: 450 PPM. Thanks to Duane(TRIDO) for putting together an amazing frag pack to help fill my tank back out. When the tank crashed with cyno I was able to frag a couple pieces I received from Todd earlier this years and save the frag and they are doing well now too. Everything looks really happy. Most of the pieces I received from Duane are pretty much adjusted and happy now. Except the Pink Lemonade it was really polped out and happy for the first couple days now its not polping out. Here is a couple practice pics with the new Camera. Duane please correct me if I'm wrong on the names.
Pink Lemonade when I first got it and it was polped out.
TyreePinkLemonade.png

Blue StagHorn
BlueStaghorn92514.png

PONAPE
ORAPonapeBirdnest.png

Spongodes
Spongode92614.png

Tri-Color
newacro6-1.png

OP
OP
Stemick

Stemick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pulled a dumb rookie mistake. I have been zip tying my filter sock to my drain pipe in the sump. Will I got a little busy this week and did not get a chance to change it out like I normally do every other day. It got clogged enough that it did not let the water flow through it and since it tied straight onto the drain it did not let the overflow drain so my pump kept pump the water from the sump into the display but the water was not going back to the sump. My wife woke me up at 3am telling me my display was overflowing. If I didn't have the ATO it would of just made the tank really full but with the sump being emptied into the display the ATO kept try to fill sump there was only about 2 and half gallon in the reservoir just enough to overflow the tank and drop my Salinity to 1.023. I drain some of the water and added half gallon of high salinity water. Will check again in the morning might do it again.

OP
OP
Stemick

Stemick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I might get some switches and put in my over flow so once if it gets to full again it would shut my pumps off and send me a text/email through the apex. While I'm at it I might rig up a switch to go in my ATO reservoir I can get a text alert when it is getting low to.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 98 80.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.9%
Back