Stocking suggestions (Tank with NO coral)

Cael Gallery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, i will be purchasing a large (120 gallon i think or 450 litres) tank that i want to turn into a reef tank minus coral. Attached is the current list i'm considering. Just remember, the spiny lobster is absolutely supposed to be the main inhabitant here so all other stockings should accomodate that. I also love shrimp, so that means nothing that will eat them (even though this is mostly large shrimp)

I've heard nox angelfish are aggressive towards other dwarf angelfish. Is this still true even if there's say a flame angel in there? the two will look completely different.
Anyways, i'm very open to suggestions! And i live in australia, so i may not be able to get much outside of this list due to limited imports here.

Screenshot 2024-05-03 114642.png

mann1139

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, i will be purchasing a large (120 gallon i think or 450 litres) tank that i want to turn into a reef tank minus coral. Attached is the current list i'm considering. Just remember, the spiny lobster is absolutely supposed to be the main inhabitant here so all other stockings should accomodate that. I also love shrimp, so that means nothing that will eat them (even though this is mostly large shrimp)

I've heard nox angelfish are aggressive towards other dwarf angelfish. Is this still true even if there's say a flame angel in there? the two will look completely different.
Anyways, i'm very open to suggestions! And i live in australia, so i may not be able to get much outside of this list due to limited imports here.

Screenshot 2024-05-03 114642.png
Anthias and Gramma aren't in that weight class, even with the size of the tank.

4-5 damsels sounds like a lot of trouble.

Make sure you have plenty of sand and caves for those crustaceans.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 18 13.3%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 83 61.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back