Strange Yellow tip Growth

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This yellow Tip acro was growing normal but the last month has this strange growth almost like a web. Any idea whats going on. For flow there is an MP40 on the left bottom front, left bottom rear, Right bottom front and rear and two MP 60's at each end Middle.

IMG_6972.jpg IMG_6973.jpg IMG_6974.jpg IMG_6975.jpg IMG_6976.jpg IMG_6979.jpg IMG_6980.jpg

jmoney7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bleaching tips. I do not own any sps personally but have done a lot of dives on reefs where they were bleaching and have done research papers on the bleaching events. It looks like it could be getting burnt/bleaching the tips. Hope this may be of help.

jmoney7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bleaching tips. I do not own any sps personally but have done a lot of dives on reefs where they were bleaching and have done research papers on the bleaching events. It looks like it could be getting burnt/bleaching the tips. Hope this may be of help.
The web could be from tissue loss?

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This yellow Tip acro was growing normal but the last month has this strange growth almost like a web. Any idea whats going on. For flow there is an MP40 on the left bottom front, left bottom rear, Right bottom front and rear and two MP 60's at each end Middle.

IMG_6972.jpg IMG_6973.jpg IMG_6974.jpg IMG_6975.jpg IMG_6976.jpg IMG_6979.jpg IMG_6980.jpg
Have you changed the flow recently? I have one doing the same thing after I started blasting it with flow. Mine is also starting to table.

OP
OP
dadnjesse

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Coral is not bleaching it is fact the fasted growing coral in my tank. It's just growing wierd with the web like growth on the left. I haven't changed the flow but there is a lot of flow in the tank but no other coral is growing like that. The white at the top of some branches are from me cutting them to see if it would grow different.

jmoney7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhhh my bad my opinion was just based on pictures. The web like growth could be from vermitid snails if you have that ik they cover corals in a web like substance. It may go away on its own.

OP
OP
dadnjesse

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ahhhh my bad my opinion was just based on pictures. The web like growth could be from vermitid snails if you have that ik they cover corals in a web like substance. It may go away on its own.
I have way too many Vermitid Snails I wish I could eradicate them.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 84 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.7%
Back