Switching to a new salt mix...

chevy4w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to switch from Red Sea Regular to Fritz. Can I just start with my next water change?

Brewman1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats what I did when i switched from Hw reefer to AF reef salt. Just normal water changes. I also would test the new salt before adding to double check parameters.

MaiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Changing through water changes works well. Keep in mind the parameter differences as stated above. Your dosing will probably change a bit.

ytsejam02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep us posted how it goes. I'm currently using Reef Crystals and will be switching, probably to Fritz, after Kevin scared me with his reef crystal facebook post about them! And I was already suspicious about their quality control...

RobgCT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep us posted how it goes. I'm currently using Reef Crystals and will be switching, probably to Fritz, after Kevin scared me with his reef crystal facebook post about them! And I was already suspicious about their quality control...

Shoot, I must have missed that post. Would have liked to see more reasons to switch. I finally broke down and switched because I was so sick of reef crystals just never fully dissolving. I could let it circulate in a bucket all night and still have a huge pile that just wouldn't dissolve. I kinda assume its fillers. I went with AquaForest. Night and day difference in mixing. The time it takes to bring it up to temp is more than enough to get it mixed.

fastest302

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I had almost 120 reef crystals was a pain to dissolve.. I just started back and did a 20g and using fritz love it so far

fastest302

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you get Fritz from? I see a couple of places, but they're a bit out of the way.
I ordered it online since a few places around me were a drive.. I know colchester pet can get it and if I'm not mistaken wet pets has it as well

ytsejam02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered it online since a few places around me were a drive.. I know colchester pet can get it and if I'm not mistaken wet pets has it as well

Thx! I need to check out wet pets. Exotic Fin and Pet supposedly carries it, but I dislike driving thru Hartford just for salt.

OP
OP
chevy4w

chevy4w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told Blake's Aqua Den(Meriden)carries it. Will find out tomorrow.

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone using Fritz can tell me what's the dosage? How many cups per gallon? Was on their site but did not give this info.
Was using reef crystals before...

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 94 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 58 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.6%
Back