SYED's 200G Rimless Reef

HomeSlizzice

Wrasse/Angelfish nut!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say go with the MaxSpect Razor, that is the light I am gonna go with when I get a new tank. It has a much more complete spectrum than any of the other LEDs you listed. The 410-420 Nanometer LEDs are almost perfectly hitting the Chlorophyll A, while the blue and royal blue LED's cover Chlorophyll B. Plus they look awesome, and have great PAR values with the 90 degree optics, and since its in clusters, you shouldn't get that spotlighting/disco ball effect. Check out Howard's tank (in the MaxSpect subforum), he uses the Marazza P on his tank, but all of his SPS look beautiful. Actually he has probably the nicest and most colorful SPS I've ever seen in an LED tank. Here's a link to the MaxSpect website. Razor LED Lighting System

OP
OP
syedjilani

syedjilani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say go with the MaxSpect Razor, that is the light I am gonna go with when I get a new tank. It has a much more complete spectrum than any of the other LEDs you listed. The 410-420 Nanometer LEDs are almost perfectly hitting the Chlorophyll A, while the blue and royal blue LED's cover Chlorophyll B. Plus they look awesome, and have great PAR values with the 90 degree optics, and since its in clusters, you shouldn't get that spotlighting/disco ball effect. Check out Howard's tank (in the MaxSpect subforum), he uses the Marazza P on his tank, but all of his SPS look beautiful. Actually he has probably the nicest and most colorful SPS I've ever seen in an LED tank. Here's a link to the MaxSpect website. Razor LED Lighting System

Thanks HomeSlizzice....

Maxspect are little pricey. I think i have to go for DIY....

HomeSlizzice

Wrasse/Angelfish nut!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are welcome. The MaxSpect Razor is only supposed to cost $400, which is pretty good IMHO, so it might be worth it. But if you do DIY, I wish you the best, but I would definitely include LEDs in the 410-420 nanometer range.

OP
OP
syedjilani

syedjilani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are welcome. The MaxSpect Razor is only supposed to cost $400, which is pretty good IMHO, so it might be worth it. But if you do DIY, I wish you the best, but I would definitely include LEDs in the 410-420 nanometer range.

What do you think. Tank dimensions 120cmL x 100cmW x 70cmH (47.3"L x 39.4"W x 27.6"H) how many I need, if I go for Maxspect.... I think two will enough see the link did I choose correct think.

Actually I do not want to go for DIY... if Maxspect will give what I need so definitely I will go for it.

HomeSlizzice

Wrasse/Angelfish nut!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say 2 Razors based off of the graphs I've seen. 1 Might work, but I think 2 would be better. You could always try one to see if it is going to work. If not, grab another one. And no, that's the wrong link, that's the Marazza P. The Razor has not been released yet, but will be soon from what I've read. Look it up on MaxSpect's website Razor LED Lighting System

OP
OP
syedjilani

syedjilani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here we go guys..... Here is a lot to post on this thread, Are you guys reay to see what I have done...... so here you go..

Here is total system volume calculation....

OP
OP
syedjilani

syedjilani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some 3Ds of plumbing.

Option 1

In this cause I will use total three drain, to feed the Sump, Skimmer and Frag tank. Drain one from right to left will open in the sump, second will feed the skimmer, third and last will split in two ways, one will go to sump and other will feed Frag tank.

OP
OP
syedjilani

syedjilani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will see addition of filter socks in Frag Tank..... I am not the man who over filter water. this is in cause of maintenance "blow up sand and rocks, corals" before water changes. To prevent any unnecessary detritus to settle down in frag tank and cause excess nut....

OP
OP
syedjilani

syedjilani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another view with stand there...... it looks like Third drain exact over skimmer cup, which will cause problem to open it for cleaning..... NO.... This is the reason I chosen third drain to align it beside skimmer cup. Second drain, which is straight and will feed skimmer without any back flow.

OP
OP
syedjilani

syedjilani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have made some changes in Sump, drain plumbings and placement of reactors....

Bubble tower has been moved to Back wall and reactor placed on bubble tower area. Drain Plumbings changed. Drain one and two from right to left has been changed, reduced unnecessary elbows in plumbings.

OP
OP
syedjilani

syedjilani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some 3Ds of plumbing.

Option 2

Well. I have decided to use Algae scrubber, for this reason I made third and last Drain from Right to left to feed it. Third drain will split and feed algae scrubber.

It will hang on at the top of Frag tank.....but
redface.gif
...here is the problem. it require to run the light 24/7, and frag tank need 12/12 day and night.
frown.gif
. In this cause I will make partition in frag tank with black glass to prevent light from algae scrubber to frag tank.

Below 3D of algae scrubber will change as said.

OP
OP
syedjilani

syedjilani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3ds of Plumbing - Return Plumbing
Now Return Plumbing.

here it comes.......
wink.gif

As said earlier, I planned to use 4-Way Ocean Motions. All drain will under Sand Bed and Inshallah which will covered/hidden with beautiful rock work.

To prevent Flood drain from DT in sump I will use George Fisher Wye Check Valve. See more detail in 3Ds......

you can see three check valve. The split part of return with one check valve will be closed. It will only use in cause of changing in plumbing. The only straight return from the pump with two George Fisher Wye Check Valve will return water to DT. After two check valve 4-way Ocean Motions will be installed. Any suggestion?

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 110 43.7%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 84 33.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 41 16.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 13 5.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.6%
Back