T5 6X24 Options

LakeCityReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently running a single AI Prime on a 50 Ga. rimless cube (24x24x20). I have a mixed reef and everything seems pretty happy with good colors and decent polyp extension, however I am just not getting the SPS growth that I would like.

I want like to switch to a T5 configuration. I love the minimalist look of the Prime and the T5 that I switch to will need to look like a piece of furniture. I am unable to suspend the light as the room has 15' vaulted ceilings.

I am not sure that a 4 bulb unit is enough so I am thinking of a 6 bulb non dimmable unit. My budget is around $500. I cannot find a 24" Geismann in a 6 bulb configuration, do they exist, does anybody sell Geismann besides BRS?

Are there any other options I should consider besides ATI or Geismann?

Thanks in advance for any help you may offer.

masterbuilder

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost certain the Giesemann doesn't make a 6 lamp 24" T5 fixture. Its also going to be a bit of a challenge to get the look you want without hanging it. Maybe a floating type hood with a retrofit? Done right they can look nice.

OP
OP
LakeCityReefs

LakeCityReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the link. That Tek light isn't bad. Nice price. I'm wondering if anybody has evaluated these against the similiar ATI fixture. Wish they posted a photo of what the top looks like.

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look around locally for a used one or on this site in the selling forum. the reflectors and ballasts are different than ati. I've used tek fixtures in the past and they worked fine over an sps tank. I did swap out the ballasts however.

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW, that link I posted was just the first one to come up in a search, so I don't know if you can find them cheaper elsewhere new. they are no longer being manufactured.

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's what it looks like when you use conduit with an ATI light and attach a DIY LED actinic light to the front of it.

fts_1.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 50.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.4%
Back