Tangs a lot

Robert1994

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a gorgeous Sailfin tang for about year. Knowing that Tangs usually don't bother other Tangs that are not the same color or shape. I added a very small Blue tang and a small Yellow Tang. I guess nobody told the Sailfin. He/she doesn't even give the Blue a second look. However he just won't let the Yellow alone. Different shape, different color, doesn't matter.
I've put the Yellow in an isolation tank and that is in my big tank. Everybody gets along now, Sailfin doesn't look twice at the Yellow.
Yellow has been in the small tank for a week now. How long should I keep Yellow in the isolation tank?

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're both zebrasoma tangs. If added at different times it's common that they quabble with the newcomer. They're actually 2 tangs you'd definitely want to add at the same time to have best success. If you can catch the sailfin and put it in your sump for a few days then re-add you may be able to give the yellow tang a better chance to make it so you made the right call

PharmrJohn

The Dude
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, if your title was a Thanks a lot malapropism, then you must be a father. Fathers make Dad Jokes. And this may be construed as a Dad Joke of thr highest order!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 56 74.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back