• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Tank crash...need to restock

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately my frag tank which was holding about 80% of my zoa/paly collection has crashed. It actually got hit twice. The first thing that happened was both my tunze 6025's stopped working. I had a short power outage and didn't realize that the tunzes didn't restart. The tunzes were the only water movement in the tank. For some strange reason I didn't notice until a few days later. Most of the corals were closed and very unhappy but they were still alive. The second thing that happened was my central air ran out of freon on Friday and I couldn't get anyone out to recharge it until today. The frag tank was in the back room of my basement and the temperature has been pretty hot here in Philly. I checked the tank on Monday and the temp was like 90degs! Pretty much everything in the tank is dead. So it looks like I will be starting over. I kept colonies of most of my favorites in my 58gal so I still have some of my nicer stuff.
So here's my new most wanted list. I'm looking to buy since I really have nothing to trade at the moment.

Ones in RED I am set up to get.
1. Pink elephants/ crazy daisies
2. rpe's
3. cat eyes
4. alien eyes
5. candy apple reds
6. lunar eclipse
7. dragon eyes
8. armageddens
9. phe's
10. pink limeades

I also lost all my blastomussa's. So I'm looking to get a bunch more of these guys.

Last edited:

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jesse I have a dragon eye polyp frag that is starting to grow out, I can also frag off a few of the Alien eyes again for you as well. Do you want my Merletti? If you buy the merletti I will send the rest just to help you out. Say $20 +s/h for the merletti.....I will also toss a freebie or 2 in there for you......Let me know. Here is the pic of it...I paid $30 but you can have it for $20, it's about 20 polyps or so. It is also an A&M aquacultured piece. The LFS here gets them in every other shipment so if I want one I can just trade a few polyps with her....
DSCN0901.jpg

If you want as well I can frag and let them settle and grow a few polyps as well before shipping to you.......LMK....
James

Last edited:

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as the crazy daisies I have had no luck with the frags you sent me, the latest one was doing absolutely awesome and doubled. It is now only two polyps that are trying to hold on. Not sure what the issue is, I lost about 6 colonies of polyps this past month, not sure if I over dosed mag test didn't show it but that is the only thing that I have done to the tank....:(

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man...sorry to hear that JGoslee, I have most on the list except one or two. LMK which morphs these guys ahead of me offered, and I"ll try to help you out with the rest.

rackyrane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I could help out, but don't have much yet myself. Ronin had some nice blastos--you can check and see if he has any available currently.

OP
OP
JGoslee

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as the crazy daisies I have had no luck with the frags you sent me, the latest one was doing absolutely awesome and doubled. It is now only two polyps that are trying to hold on. Not sure what the issue is, I lost about 6 colonies of polyps this past month, not sure if I over dosed mag test didn't show it but that is the only thing that I have done to the tank....:(
I hope they survive for you. These were at the top of my favorites list.

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
J sorry to hear that I will have some zoa's for you Candy apples ..

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dang man sorry to hear this! I will get you a few frags as well. et me get back from vacation and I'll see what i can do for you. :D

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that Jesse...:( Losing Armaggedons is no fun...

I'll have:
RPE's (2polyps)
Pink Elelphants (2polyps(

in a couple weeks....:)

OP
OP
JGoslee

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh no dude!!

whats the status on your 6025's???

did you lose any SPS stuff?
I have to send both 6025's in to Roger. He won't send me new motors. He wants me to send him my broken ones and then he will resend tham back to me.
I didn't keep any sps in this tank. I would have cried if I lost my sps. It was just blastos and zoa/paly frags.

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to send both 6025's in to Roger. He won't send me new motors. He wants me to send him my broken ones and then he will resend tham back to me.
I didn't keep any sps in this tank. I would have cried if I lost my sps. It was just blastos and zoa/paly frags.

when did you get those nanostreams?

i had to send mine back too, before he sent me replacements. but my 3rd time, i sent him a ***** PM about it b/c i was tired of replacing them. and he just sent me the motors and told me to keep the old ones...lol

so when you send him your motors, is he gonna send you brand new ones?

CherryCorals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to turn on my pumps two days ago so in the morning when I went to check on my babies the temp in the tank had gotten up to 85. I had just started picking things up again to.

All of my Paly's and zooz are closed up and looking unhappy:(

Just wanted you to know I feel your pain.

OP
OP
JGoslee

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when did you get those nanostreams?
I got these sometime in May when I set this tank up.

i had to send mine back too, before he sent me replacements. but my 3rd time, i sent him a ***** PM about it b/c i was tired of replacing them. and he just sent me the motors and told me to keep the old ones...lol

so when you send him your motors, is he gonna send you brand new ones?
Yeah he said he would send me the new motors as soon as he gets my old ones.

raider77

True Fan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jesse sorry to hear about your losses. We're only 15 minutes away from each other and could meet easily. PM me a list of what you need and I'd be glad to help you out.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 61 46.6%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back