Tank Re-Scape

thejuggernaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank, sweet stand and cool filter sock holder. Have you ever had an issue with it clogging up enough to make it back up into the overflow? I see your secondary drain, but it looks like it is allot smaller than your main drain going into the sock.

Regards,
Taylor

Sangheili

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Sangheili, yes it's a orange ric 7" across, here's a recent pic of all the rics sunning themselves

Thanks for looking.

Those are insane. Did you buy them that large or did they grow to that size? How long did it take if they grew? I have lots of ric but they top out around 1.5" diameter.

OP
OP
G

Greeni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank, sweet stand and cool filter sock holder. Have you ever had an issue with it clogging up enough to make it back up into the overflow? I see your secondary drain, but it looks like it is allot smaller than your main drain going into the sock.
Regards,
Taylor

Hi Taylor, no issues at all, i change out the socks twice a week,that secondary drain is my tell tale when the filter socks are blocked.But you make a good point, if we were all to go away for a long period of time and the filters do block up, then yes it can back up into the display tank!

OP
OP
G

Greeni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are insane. Did you buy them that large or did they grow to that size? How long did it take if they grew? I have lots of ric but they top out around 1.5" diameter.

Hi Sangheili, the grey with the green trim on the left was a hitchhiker, the two orange in the middle and the purple on top were all bought around the size of a twenty cent piece and have grown out to that size over four years. The pink one on the right i bought as a frag from another reefer. The purple on top has had five pups, and the orange on the left has just had its first pup! You can see it in the middle of the two.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 40 30.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back