tank size for a picasso

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really wanna get a grade b picasso but i don't know if i have the means to care for it ideally i want to put it in my 5.5g and it would obviously be my only fish i can't put it in my 15 because i don't think it would get along with my maroon and gold clown... do you think it would be able to live in a 5.5 gallon? Thanks guys

OP
OP
Nate82

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
idk i guess my logic is that clowns IME don't really swim around all that much and it'll be the only fish with weekly waterchanges

LorenK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think it's a good idea. I would not suggest anything but a clown goby or a trimma goby for a tank that size.

There is a good list of what fish are approrpiate for what size tank on nano-reef.com stickied in their beginner section.

FWIW, I put a small clown in my 3g pico for a few months. But he had to move due to size. And with the 3g pico, that's 3g of room which is probably not far off from your 5.5g with false wall.

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea but i totally forgot about ur false wall, i would hate to see u spend 50 bucks on a fish then its dies on ya bro

Garth Schafluetzel

75 gal mixed tank in work
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well a 20 long wouldnt be to bad on transport honestly they are reletivly light when drainded a little and i just realy like the look of them as well i hope to pick up a 40 breeder in this petco sale that is if they include them lol i want to set up a frag tank and tie into my stem and if all works out with adding it to the system then ill do the same and tie another 55 into it as well so i can move my predotors into there so i can have a friendly reef lol. once again not enough research and now im to attached to the lion ive had almost 3 years lol and people just love watching him demolish feeder fish lol

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 73 43.7%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 59 35.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 24 14.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back