Tank thread pics DB 30 shallow rimless

sassAwrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear it.

I would test before you do a water change. Then test the day after the water change, just to give it some time to settle.

OP
OP
R

Red88rick

Ctars Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I removed the Chemi Pure elite from my sock, started keeping up on filter sock maintenance, changed the light cycle a little, glued some more plugs to rocks to keep them from being buried. and dipped a few really bad looking zoas in peroxide.
Will post some update pics soon. Some zoas are looking better some still have not opened in a while they are all still there none completely melted we will see how it all works out.

OP
OP
R

Red88rick

Ctars Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a camera for early xmas. Still learning obviously but here are some unedited pics.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419208543.813238.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419208582.721774.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419208593.324746.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419208609.171087.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419208620.917020.jpg

OP
OP
R

Red88rick

Ctars Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it's close tho. Got it from TCR. My tank made it loose some color but it is getting some color back.

OP
OP
R

Red88rick

Ctars Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and they (EFC) have 2 now (or did last time I was there) just as nice as the 1st

Last edited:

Useful_Idiot

Artificially Intelligent
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Ya if anyone wants to give a free lesson on dslr cameras let me know ha.

Pics look great and so does the tank. In general shooting under a whiter light will make white balance easier but if you already have a dslr look into lightroom it'll let you do a lot. Although I have lightroom and shooting under only led is harder than t5. Taking pics with the pumps off and at a 90 degree angle from the glass helps a lot. What camera did you get?

Here's a website that will explain aperture, shutter speed and iso. Canon Explains Exposure I used the play section of it for awhile and it really helped me.

OP
OP
R

Red88rick

Ctars Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nikon d3300. Thanks for the link. I'll look into Lightroom. I heard franky reference that program also.

Pics look great and so does the tank. In general shooting under a whiter light will make white balance easier but if you already have a dslr look into lightroom it'll let you do a lot. Although I have lightroom and shooting under only led is harder than t5. Taking pics with the pumps off and at a 90 degree angle from the glass helps a lot. What camera did you get?

Here's a website that will explain aperture, shutter speed and iso. Canon Explains Exposure I used the play section of it for awhile and it really helped me.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome! FTS?

OP
OP
R

Red88rick

Ctars Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! FTS?
. Will post one soon. Just rearranged some stuff. And still have a terrible algae issue.
And for the people with the question placing frogsoawn near torch corals. Bad idea. Just came home to a battle. I'll post that to.

OP
OP
R

Red88rick

Ctars Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is that black sand how do you like it...i was thinking of getting it but not sure yet......

Ya black Hawaii sand. It's more like very very veryyy fine gravle. I like it because it looks clean all the time. I had white sand in a nano that was always dirty looking. I'm sure it can be easily avoided but I like the colors on black sand better.

OP
OP
R

Red88rick

Ctars Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gonna post some more pics. Will try getting some close ups of some zoas soon (still are not coloring up well)
Jaco

Anyone know what this is Its a blueish Green and grows very fast I keep picking it out of the tank.

sassAwrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like bryopsis. Be careful when you pull it out. It is like aptasia in the sense that it multiplies when you mess with it. Pieces come off and attach in other parts of your tank.

Use Kent Tech M to raise your magnesium up until the bryopsis turns whitish. When it turns whitish, pull it out as it is dying/dead.
You have to use this specific product as there's metals in it that kill the bryopsis.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back