Target mandarin and flat worm question

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a whole bunch of flat worms and so i bought a mandarin its the target green kind since they didnt have any regular blue and red ones at the moment. Will the target mandarin eat flat worms just like the regular blue and red ones?

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IME some do and some don't. I currently have 2 green target mandarins and one I have seen eat planaria and the other I haven't seen eat anything but pods.

seafansar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have one, but I don't think he's eating any flatworms. He's extremely fat, but I think that's just cause I have a good pod population in that tank.

OP
OP
Supreme Reefs

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:/ so i guess it does vary on each mandarin... i have seen less flatworms but then they come and go so i dont see them out all the time since they hide a lot.

my flatworms seem bigger than normal and theyre really gold anyone has same ones? i wish i had a picture to show but no camera at the moment

ReefGirlSara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a regular green mandarin and he never ate any of my flatworms - at least not to make any difference in them. I got a McKoskers Flasher Wrasse and the flatworms were gone within a week.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 27 15.1%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.3%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 104 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back